New Bloomingdales In Soho

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by stylegurrl, Apr 21, 2004.

1. stylegurrl

stylegurrl New Member

2. Nixon058

Nixon058 New Member

3. MJCouture

MJCouture Active Member

At first I didn't want Bloomies to open in SoHo, but to be honest it looks like its gonna be pretty cool. I don't go to soho for anything that out of the ordinary anymore, and I accept that it is an outdoor mall, so this will make it a more convenient shopping exsperience. I think this may be the begining of the Bloomingdale's come back.

4. rayncloudx

rayncloudx New Member

it looks kind of small...

5. Luna

Luna offline.

I think that building used to be Canal Jeans.. it was a rather large store... but it wasn't THAT big... i wonder what the store will be like..

6. dl20

dl20 New Member

anyone know when it will be officially open for biz?? looks worth takin a peek..

dl

7. MJCouture

MJCouture Active Member

Saturday I think. I was going to go down to SoHo sometime this weekend, but I am sure now it is going to be even more mobbed than usual. I may nip by, we'll see.

8. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

3 floors plus basement...the store is open today if you have a bloomies credit card...i got an invite for the private shopping event plus a $25 gift certificate...i was thinking of going by later because i think MJ's right and tomorrow will be insane... :innocent:

thx for reminding me... :p

9. FunkyDiva

FunkyDiva New Member

Opens tomorrow, so excited. I went to the Press Gala last night and it looks fabulous. I was a Canal Jeans junkie for years, so when I heard about the space they chose, I was hating Bloomies. I just hope they take full advantage of the downtown atmosphere. Barneys did an excellent job of giving Co-Op a distinct downtown edge. From what I saw, I think they've done a good job.

10. metal-on-metal

Gross. I passed by there this evening around 7pm and I was literally sickened by the shoppers milling about in the middle of Crosby Street. :( I successfully managed to give them dirty looks while quickly dialing my friend to tell her to avoid that area at all costs throughout the weekend.

11. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

I knwo what you mean, people go mad for bloomingdales, when they opend in LA itw as packedg for weeks.

12. softgrey

3 floors plus basement...the store is open today if you have a bloomies credit card...i got an invite for the private shopping event plus a $25 gift certificate...i was thinking of going by later because i think MJ's right and tomorrow will be insane... :innocent:

thx for reminding me... :p [/b][/quote]
    never went...couldn't be bothered...what's happening to me?.... :unsure: :eek:

13. faust

faust New Member

never went...couldn't be bothered...what's happening to me?.... :unsure: :eek: [/b][/quote]
    I think it's called "not wanting to spend time and energy in vain hope of finding a gem while ramaging through a vast amount of crap" syndrome. I've been getting that too. I attribute it as a sign of a discerning shopper. B)

14. softgrey

hmmm maybe...thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt, faust, but it's probably more like just being a jaded ny'er...i really need this trip to london in order to get some perspective... :flower: