New Designer for Pringle

liberty33r1b

Reaction score
from fashionweekdaily:

Pringle Feels The Tingle of Tom Ford Alum
Fabled Scottish label taps former Gucci girl as new creative head

NEW YORK: Thursday, July 28, 2005
072805Pringle2.jpg
Those Tom Ford alums continue to steal the spotlight.

Pringle of Scotland has announced that Clare Waight Keller, a senior designer under Tom Ford at Gucci, has been appointed creative director, a new position for the house. The 34 year-old Brit replaces Stuart Stockdale, the English designer who revitalized the house over the past four years as head of design.

“She has an excellent track record in luxury design, for both Italian and American brands,” noted Kim Winser, Pringle of Scotland CEO. “Clare has strong experience with both women’s and men’s collections, which is vital for Pringle.”

Keller received a Master’s in Fashion Knitwear from the Royal College of Art, in addition to a Bachelor’s in Fashion and Textiles from Central Saint Martins. Keller also spent four years working on the womenswear collection at Calvin Klein before becoming the design director at Polo Ralph Lauren’s Purple Label menswear.

A runway show is not being planned for Milan this fall, but the company will stage an event to celebrate its 190th anniversary. And yes, you read it correctly: 190th!

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]

anyone know where stuart stockdale went?...
i thought pringle was looking pretty good recently...

:unsure:...

Thats where I'd have to disagree w/ you there Softgrey...At first, I thought Mr. Stockdale delivered some pretty decent collections...Nothing GREAT or groundbreaking, nothing new really, BUT, it still worked for Pringle...But then, to me, he never really seemed to develop after the first few seasons...All his collections pretty much looked the same, and after a while, I couldnt help but think, "I betcha he's gonna get axed here any day now..." And now look...

But, I do agree w/ your "where is he now" comment on Mr. Stockdale...I heard he attached the plastic tips on shoelaces now..

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Trophy...Pringle never really seemed to get properly into the market position that say Burberry got to. ....and I am sure thats what they were trying to do with Pringle. It seemed too safe and the creative reigns were too firmly held .....it tried to stick to its roots a little too much. Harvey Nichols stocks a lot of it and its nothing special.

hmm...i went into the store in london and i really like a few things..
it's a bit too preppy for me to wear myself...
but i was actually very attracted to it's 'traditional' english style...

myabe they should have made a bigger push for the US market...
americans all secretly love the brits....^_^...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->