New Hair Trend?

Tiffany7

Reaction score
This was on Mary Kate & Ashley's site...

The side ponytail is the hottest tress-trend to hit Tinsletown since bangs! Famous fashionistas like Jennifer Lopez, Eva Mendes and Liv Tyler are all flaunting this flirty ’do and you can too! Simply pull your straight, wavy or curly strands to either side of your head and fasten with a rubber band or jeweled clip at the base of your neck. Smooth some pomade over the top of your head to control any frizz, and you’re good to go!

Ok so I didnt find this on their site...I saw it posted on a Liv Tyler site & havent seen Liv "flaunting this flirty do" lol. I actually havent seen anyone wearing this style so is it really a new trend & I just havent noticed it yet or what? :blink: :lol:

Do you think they meant when Liv wears her hair to the one side, but not in a ponytail. Like how she had her hair over one shoulder at the NZ Premiere of ROTK, and then the one sided 'do at the Oscars?

I just can't help but think of a high side ponytail with a hot pink scrunchie when I think of this 'look' lol. My friend Anna pulls it off well though, she wears it low with a big glittery orchid clip on the other side of her hair. Very chic :heart:

I thought maybe thats what they were talking about too but they made it sound like it was a recent trend & the way they described it was a ponytail & I havent seen anyone wearing anything close to it. If they were talking about Liv's Oscar hair I havent seen anyone else doing anything like that either lol. When Liv had it over one shoulder though it wasnt clipped at the bottom. She just had it half put up on the top of her hair & had her loose hair over her shoulder. Maybe they dont know what a side ponytail is lol. Were any of the runway shows showing side ponytails? :blink:

Maybe the people who run the Olsen's website just don't know what they're talking about? :lol:

I love the low side-pony look though, not sure who's been wearing it :heart:

Yeah the low ones cute but can you image if people were wearing the regular side ponytail where its coming out of the side of your head???? I cant image that would be the new trend lol. I bet it would look adorable on Liv though...everything does. :heart:

:lol: Very Punky Brewster... I used to wear my hair like that when I was 5 :woot:

Originally posted by Belowen@Jun 14th, 2004 - 8:13 pm
Maybe the people who run the Olsen's website just don't know what they're talking about? :lol:

I love the low side-pony look though, not sure who's been wearing it :heart:
i wear the low side ponytail lots.. still get made fun of though B)

hahah check out some of the fashion tips on the olsen's site... pretty on top of things :lol:

the side ponytail thingie was very hot in my country last year.. like fall/winter :rolleyes:

is it back again? :yuk:

i like it. kinda funky to bring back something so many people loathe however...

A girl at my school wore her hair like that a few times this spring.. it looked pretty. I'll have to experiment, though, and make sure it doesn't look tacky on me :unsure:

In england there is a group of people called scallys !! dont ask y they r called that they just are. A scally is someone of very low intelligence ! Can be found on council estates most are very poor and are what are unversally known as inner city poor people ! They fav hobbies are fighting and being in jail. They are seen wearing rockports and fake burberry clothes and dont forget lacoste tracksuits. Well anyways the scally girl who can be seen wearing sportswear, dripping with gold-coloured jewellery. The fringe of her yellow hair will have been carefully sprayed over a coke tin until it’s twice the size of her head has been sporting the side pony for years !

http://www.newcastlestuff.com/charver/masterclass.html
http://www.scallycentral.com/
http://www.rockportscallylads.homestead.com/

This is the bbc dictionary definition of a scally

Scallies

Supposedly originated from around the city of Liverpool in England (though to tar this wonderful place and its excellent folk with the following brush seems a bit unfair), scallies are quite simply the modern day yob or rebel, or indeed 'scallywag', from which the term is derived.

What motivates these people and what are their hobbies? They prefer to inhabit areas around public places, like arcades, shopping malls and leisure centres. But unlike other predatory species, scallies do not rely on camouflage or surprise. On the contrary, they are extremely obvious, usually decked out in tracksuits1 - the ones with the three stripes down the trouser leg and sleeve - and other neon-orange, green, pearl white or bright blue sports clothes, or in fact any clothes that really glare and hurt the eyes to look at.

Interestingly, many of them always speak only using the plural, often splitting from the herd and sidling up to a stranger to say, 'Haves yous gots anys moneys fors mes tos gos ands buys somes fags’s2'. They appear to lack any common sense or logic and quite often it's possible to be approached by a single scally who will ask, 'Will you buys these fags of us so’s I can gets enough moneys to go and buy some fags.'

What the above quote demonstrates, among other things, is that there is no sense of individuality - the scally will always use the pronoun 'us' instead of 'me' - and again there is abundant evidence of the tragic tendency to use the plural at every given opportunity in every sentence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picture of typical scally lad

Int his picture u can see a scally girl ! the one on the right has a side pony

Int his picture u can see a scally girl ! the one on the right has a side pony

i wear low side ponytails. people tell me i look cute :doh: grrrr.
no high side ponytails though. :ninja: they look wrong.

HAHA SCALLY... :lol:
saw a lot of those in newcastle last year. what's with their pink t-shirts with logos on the front saying barbie or angel... :sick:

LOL ! I know scallies r into tack !! The cheeper looking the better !!

I wear em sometimes, for 2 years now already though. I think it can look nice, depends how you wear it..

I wear them, too-the key is to make sure the ponytail is very low, behind one ear, hanging completely straight down with a simple elastic or wrapped with a strand of hair to keep it simple. If it sticks out at all, it just looks silly.

I've been seeing this for a while already, mostly on preteen girls. I though that it had more to do with the 80's revival though. :huh:

I've been doing low side ponytails since long time ago (now I still do it sometimes).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drue Price
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"