New NYC Labels

Discussion in 'Shop Till You Drop' started by Jami, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Jami

Jami New Member

HI, a slight variation on the question about Parisian shopping--I'm looking for new boutiques and designers in NYC ... preferably ones who haven't been "discovered" by the fashion world yet, or if they have, are still NewYork based and can't be found in Paris, London, Milan yet. Thanks, merci, grazie :blink:

2. LolitaLuxe

LolitaLuxe Vision of Paradise

try made to order boutiques, they are all over the east village. ASH on st marks place have clothes already made to buy , but also make custom clothing , you can even bring in your own designs,for them to make, or go over their material swatches if you rather have their designs , but in a different fabric. they are very friendly and super cool. the is also another shop with the same theme around the corner on ave A called BLUE but they are more for party dresses. there is GEOVA on ave B but its a little hole in the wall easy to miss and it might have closed, the are 2 brasilian men. there are great thrift / vintage shops aroung the east village such as filthmart on East 13th st[ who specialize in rocknroll wear] you can flip thru their book of iron on's -just find a tshirt and they will press it for you right there. RUE ST DENIS on Ave B is a vintage shop with excellent finds but a bit expensive.
    trash and vaudville on st marks place is always fun, very punknroll with great selection od shoes and sslim fitting pants worthy of a rock star, they also have a killer selection of tee's. only NYC stuff like CBGB, MAX"S KANSAS CITY, NY DOLLS etc. cant get any more NY than that. you'll also see much ramones memorbilia as well.....TRUE NEW YORKERS RULE. i was born and raised downtown in the LES/EAST VILLAGE. this is where i usually shop.

also check out the trendy boutiques like KIRNA ZABETE, PATRICIA FEILD, ALIFE RIVINGTON CLUB, FIORUCCI, .....

so many more, i'll post more later

3. Serena

Serena New Member

Lolita, lots of great suggestions! :flower: I actually went to BLUE for my bridesmaids dresses , and was very happy.
    Some more stores downtown, on Lower East Side are SEVEN NEW YORK and CHERRY, both on Orchard Street. TG-170 is another cool store on Ludlow Street.
    In Soho, STEVEN ALAN on Wooster and Spring is one of few non-mainstream stores. this store carries lots of up and coming designers, including jewlery & handbags.
    MAYLE on Elizabeth street is an amazing boutique, can't say that it's "underground", but it's definetely one of a kind.
    Truth is, if you'll spend few days browsing around downtown, you'll find plenty of stores on your own. in new york, new stores open up all the time, even in this economy.
    hope this helped & good luck!
    :flower:

4. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

wow, thanks for the tips girls :flower:

5. Serena

Serena New Member

Right on, Lena, you're coming to NYC soon! :woot:

6. LolitaLuxe

LolitaLuxe Vision of Paradise

a few geova designs :flower:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Geová Atelier
    by Appointament only
    208 Ave. B Apt Front, NYC
    Tel:212-473-9092
    Email:[email protected]

do i get any free clothes with the free publicity i gave them?? :lol:

7. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

:blush: well, lets say .. sooner or later serena :lol: (I'll be there in April - hopefully)

:woot: Geova's work is really interesting Lolita, i like the b&w print and the hood :heart:

thanks lolita :flower:

8. nogoodforme

nogoodforme New Member

9. metal-on-metal

If Boutique on Grand Street stocks the most incredible selections of Junya, Margiela, and CDG. Seven, as some have mentioned, is also wonderful.