Nina Ricci F/W 2021.22 Paris

I like the colors and silhouettes but I feel this collection belongs in New York or London, it's just not that elevated for a sophisticated French Label...

^I agree, this aesthetic doesn't align well with a brand like this, a bit too trendy and veering close to Patou's nonsense of a show. Who's their audience again?

I like the puffy swing coat, although the silhoutte of said coat and of the outerwear in general could be more refined and less boxy. Garments that are too rigid in appearance are one of my main complaints against their work.

I don't like the styling with the cloche hat, but breaking it down, it's easy to wear but still have the design elements in it. Nina Ricci a finally have a direction again.

What's going on with those stupid hats? Is it their signature? The collection is very cheap looking.

If I'm being kind, they look like Lego min-figure hats...

(Oh bless them: You can tell they’re trying so hard— but this basic, scraps of construction paper for paperdolls as imagined by a 9yo took two people to conjure up. Let that sink in: 2 people to conjure the most basic of doll clothes.)

I don't think this direction works for Nina Ricci since the brand is always about feminity, elegance and hints of playfulness. I also don't understand why this brand is pushing this aesthetic so hard. It is just not cool for a brand like Nina Ricci (or maybe try to speak to a younger generation?) BTW, adding ugly hats is not a signature to be honest.

definitely not Theyskens' NR, but the easy-on-the-eye coats and other individual items will sell..
Fashion these days are just about merchandise I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->