Nips And Tucks

The only type of surgery I have had done is medical and it has left me with a scar on my chest. I have often considered going to get it removed (plastic surgery) but then I stop and think, "No this is a fight that I won, and this is my battle wound". Maybe when I get older I will get rid of it but for now, I kinda like it. Beside, I am pretty small chested and if matched with the right bra, the scar gives me the apperance of having extra cleavage. It works to my advantage!

Right now I am very unhappy with my belly but I am hoping that after I cut down the medication I am on, as well as once winter passes, that I'll have my body back. Oh jeez how I miss my killer flat stomach.

As for the face at the moment I would never consider doing anything to it. I find that I have been blessed with a rather attractive face and it doesn't have anything I dont like. My eyes are big and round, I have nice cheek bones, I have a cute nose, and my lips are perfectly puckered..... I don't think I need to have work on those now, but then again I'm only 22.

My boyfriend on the other hand is on a waiting list for a tummy tuck. He lost half of himself in the past 4 years, and he now has extra skin around his arms and stomach that he wants chopped off. The recovery period is extremely long and apparently rather painful as well. I'll see how he pulls through it and then make a decision if I would ever want to do anything like that.

I'm happy that everyone on this board who had something done is pleased with it. Wouldn't it suck if you came out looking worse then when you went in?

i used to hate my nose so much that it took over my LIFE......you cant imagine.........every time i saw a reflective surface.......i would check how ugly my nose way (dispite people thinking i was checking myself out cause i love myself)

i used to look in mirrors for hours to work out what i would have done to it......i drew pictures.......got ideas.........even had a consultation with a surgeon at 15

but then.......after a while......and after seing video footage and photos of me with other people........i realised it wasnt so bad after all........in fact it was much better than most people's nose's

now im perfectly happy with my nose and my entire body. i would NOT consider cosmetic surgery on any part of my body in any shape or form :flower:

I'm 35. Mother Nature/Father Time/Mr Gravity are not kind. Well, to some they are kinder than to others.

I don't look extremely haggard for 35, but I feel that my eye area is looking a bit tired and droopy; that's something I'd like to fix. Another thing I'd like to fix is my nose; it's not perfectly symmetrical like it used to be (I've broken it twice). The doctors who fixed it seemed to be competent, I guess this is something only I see... It's not deformed or anything!

I have a few small wrinkles and lines but they don't really bother me. Sagginess does. I might have a face lift somewhere down the line, I'm not sure. Probably? What I won't do is struggle to look 25 for the rest of my life, it's just not possible. I don't mind looking my age, I would just like to do it and look fresh and rested, sort of.

:wink:

i turn 18 in 16 days........and my skin isnt any older than it was 5 years ago

im glad i got my skin routine sorted at a young age,,,,,,,,,hopefully i can keep it up for life

Originally posted by BabyJ@Nov 23rd, 2003 - 4:52 pm

My boyfriend on the other hand is on a waiting list for a tummy tuck. He lost half of himself in the past 4 years, and he now has extra skin around his arms and stomach that he wants chopped off. The recovery period is extremely long and apparently rather painful as well. I'll see how he pulls through it and then make a decision if I would ever want to do anything like that.

I dont think it is very polite to write about other peoples private lives in a internet forum. Have some class :smile:

Originally posted by Acid@Nov 24th, 2003 - 1:09 am
now im perfectly happy with my nose and my entire body. i would NOT consider cosmetic surgery on any part of my body in any shape or form :flower:
:woot: so glad to hear this acid , finally :heart:

Originally posted by BetsyJo+Dec 4th, 2003 - 11:29 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BetsyJo @ Dec 4th, 2003 - 11:29 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-BabyJ@Nov 23rd, 2003 - 4:52 pm

I dont think it is very polite to write about other peoples private lives in a internet forum. Have some class :smile: [/b][/quote]
BestyJo,

Its not about not having class. My boyfriend is very open and honest about his weight problem. He is proud of his accomplishment of having lost all that weight. If his story can help give insight then he is more than willing to share it.

:woot: Are we talking about other people's private lives! :woot: Ok lets talk about me 'cause I don't care about being picked on.

At 18 I weighed 160 lbs. I changed jobs (I was working at a restaurant before) and lost 10. Then went on vacation and got sick and lost an other 20. Then I joined the gym and lost an other 15. All this in a matter of a year. (I've gained a bit of weight now but I'm waiting for school to end to hit the gym again.)

Problem about loosing weight is all the things it does to your body. I won't mind getting a little *** lift and fix my chest a bit because after all our breast are fat and the problem about exercising is that we burn that fat off.

When I get older I would like to get a tummy tuck once I'm no longer able to have kids. A face lift too aroun 45 or 50. I'm not ashamed to say that in the future I would like to get plastic surgery. I don't want to let myself go. I do want to look good at 60 and 70. Some women stay beautiful at that age without any helped, some don't. I know I'll need it 'cause beauty in my family only last during youth. :lol: That's so mean of me. What can I do I'm an honest person.

I keep on losing weight like crazy... I eat a lot, honestly, I never close my mouth. When I was in PR, I used to weight 164 or something around the 160's. But now im in 130 pounds, and I only been here for almost two months, and I can figure out how can that happen, if I keep eating a lot!

Originally posted by Acid@Dec 9th, 2003 - 5:26 pm
woooooo Ale! congrats on the weight loss!
it is not something that im happy of :P I'm actually scared about it.

I'm just too damn hot to be put under the knife - you put metal near me and the power of my mojo melts it...

Originally posted by Alejandro+Dec 10th, 2003 - 1:49 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alejandro @ Dec 10th, 2003 - 1:49 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Acid@Dec 9th, 2003 - 5:26 pm
woooooo Ale! congrats on the weight loss!
it is not something that im happy of :P I'm actually scared about it. [/b][/quote]
:flower: fear not :flower:

Yes, I would. I'm very happy with myself, I really am, but sometimes I just can not stand looking at myself naked. I've got a kangaroo pouch after having my two kids, and it's the only negative aspect of my body.

I mean, I can even deal with having hips, but the tummy's gotta go!

Maybe, if I had enough money, just for fun I'd get bigger boobs. I really would like some clevage!!

I have a friend who is looking to get a nose job (dunno why) and has been reading up about it - she's been telling me a lot of disturbing facts (side effects, extra costs, baiting schemes) and it's sort of freaked me out
So now I have conflicting opinions on plastic surgery.
On the one hand, it's a good thing to embrace who you are and what you look like, and be satisfied with that. Changing the way you look might not make you happy at all, it won't compensate for anything missing inside you, and it's very superficial to think that it will. It's also very risky, and expensive and sort of degrading.
On the other hand, we do live in a society that values physical appearance. Since this is the case, isn't it ok to have surgery in order to meet these physical standards? I mean doesn't someone who isn't very pretty have the right to be beautiful via a makeover, or in this case surgery?

lol I have no idea where I'm going with this - because I don't really know where I stand on the matter .
What do you guys feel?

:flower: thanks for reading this - and sorry I'm so confused

Tiffany, the important thing when considering plastic surgery is to look for a certified plastic surgeon who comes highly recommended.Don't settle for bargain plastic surgery . You have to inquire about the anaesthesia too. But most importantly have realistic expectations . I had a liposuction but I did not expect
to have J. Lo abs afterwards. My friend had a face lift and it
was done very tastefully and she looks really good. There's
always the good and bad. There is a risk always associated with
it. My friend and I had conversations about complications and
I was scared till the very last moment since I have never been
put under anaesthesia before. But knowing the results now
I would do it all over again because I trust my surgeon and the
anaesthesiologist :flower:

thanks a lot nikka - I'll definitely keep that in mind! whew, good tips :smile:

so many people i know have had 'a little work done' i think getting one's first procedure really is a rite of passage. we all have issues in this world and life is about working those issues out: for some people plastic surgery helps them endure whatever inadequacies they feel about themselves. for others plastic surgery is a maintenance thing. while most people i know have just gotten the standard nose job, chin suck, etc. i know a lot of people who get tummy tucks and calf implants, not because they are lazy or have image problems. it's just they are wealthy and active adults and their muscles won't grow or they can't get that patch of flab gone...so they lay down a few thou and they're satisfied.

it is beyond important to go to someone you trust. and to really talk to someone you trust (husband,mother,friend) about it.

sorry to say but i'm against esthetic surgery, i'd freak out if i had one myself..
its not like i'm perfect but i like myself the way it is (imperfections and all)
i'd freak out if i woke up with a 'perfect' nose or the tiniest face lift..
my agony would be that I could never go back to see my 'real' self again :wacko: i know i sound strange here but i just wouldnt do it .
why should we all look 'perfect' why should we all resemble the faces in magazines or the body of the supermodels? its all a commercial trick, to me.. i want to stay myself down to my old age.
a good -and expensive- skincare routine, quality food and regular exersice is all i need to make me happy :flower:

btw, i have nothing against those that try cosmetic surgery, its such a personal choice

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SailorMoon1993
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->