Nips And Tucks

i almost booked in for it secretly at the start of last year then my parents found out

Now let's all say thanks to our wonderful NON image orientated society. :rolleyes: I am not suprised off that percentage at all, actually I would have expected way more. When is that the time that our parent taught us that would should be happy with what we were born with? :unsure: This is a pretty sad trend, I mean, you hear all these sorts of stories about people who've gone through surgery and that keep on saying it has nothing to do with being image-conscious or with self confidence?!?!?!? How can it NOT BE!????? :rolleyes: If they weren't image conscious they wouldn't shell out 5000$ and the risk of messing up their face or nose.

Thing is, plastic surgery still isn't at the "fine" point of the technology and the methods used nowadays are still pretty bad, that means that a flat chested girl will be morfed into an ugly thingy with two cantaloupes instead of her chest, a wrinkled woman will be transformed into some weird plastic looking face. :sick:

I think it is something most of those girls will eventually grow out of.

For many years I was disssatisfied with my face. Y'all have seen the pictures, and there's no denying that I'm homely. When I was much, much younger, I wished my nose wasn't so big, that I had defined cheekbones, that my lips weren't so "fat" and so on.

However, when I was 14, I had a consultation with a plastic surgeon for the possibility of "correcting" some scarring from a birthmark on my face, and her description of the procedure ooked me out so badly I practically ran out of the office. The thought of small bits of my face being sliced out, then later dermabraded into shape just horrified me. It sounded so painful and gory. I decided to let nature take its course with the birthmark, and it has receded and faded more in the intervening 13 years to where it is hardly noticeable anymore.

The other stuff...well, I've come to terms with my face. I'm obviously not ugly...guys like me and children aren't scared by my visage, so everything's sufficient on that front. Not everybody needs to look like a supermodel, and while I'm not a ravishing beauty, I seem to be holding up to the years pretty well so far and will probably be a "handsome woman" when I get to be older.

My consolation is that "pretty" doesn't always hold up when the bloom of youth fades, but "interesting" tends to last a lot longer!

i used to always want a boob job but now im kinda like natural is better... all the people that get plastic surgery end up ugly in the end... i just want lasar therapy for my stretchmarks and endermology to feel good

As You Like It said:
I think it is something most of those girls will eventually grow out of.
My consolation is that "pretty" doesn't always hold up when the bloom of youth fades, but "interesting" tends to last a lot longer!
Very true, and as I've said many times before, your "interesting" look is much more appealing that carbon copies with nice, pert noses. I also went through that nose issue by the way, but I've learned to value it as part of my background.

And, Versace, Paris is flat and (in my opinion) beautiful. :wink:

i dont thnik having a bigger chest makes you look better if its fake it just makes you look trashy and alot of teenagers get them done at like 16-20... think about it they wont be able to wear low cut dresses

i am unhappy with my body, but i would never consider plastic surgery. because once you have one thing done, you want something else. it's never enough.

my friend got lipo she was only 3-4 kgs over weight.. she was perfect for a month then put 6-8 kgs back on... now she wants lipodissolve injections... if you learn to love your body then you wont try these crazy things that make you worse off...

shes so depressed i worry

im suprised it's not higher. while i didn't have any plastic surgery until i was 23, i first started wanting it when i was 5. and i'm not exagerating. i got the idea because that was the year my cousin for her nose done for her sweet 16. i know plenty of other people who have had it or want it.

Well.. since most girls have huge insecurities.. this doesn't shock me.. It's just sad.

What a strange generation this is.

It's only going to get worse too.

Plastic surgery

I was wondering if any of you has undergone plastic surgery. Has it changed your life in anyway?

there are several threads on plastic surgery allready, please remember to do a search before making a new thread :flower:

Cosmetic surgery http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22715

Plastic Surgery ( 1 2 3 ) http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5513

What Are Your Thoughts On Plastic Surgery? ( 1 2 3 ) http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4187

Plastic Surgery ( 1 2 ) http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1825

Nips And Tucks ( 1 2 ) http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1290

PrinceOfCats said:
I'm just too damn hot to be put under the knife - you put metal near me and the power of my mojo melts it...

AHAHA that's cute.

I have seriously considered getting my nose done because all my life I've been brought up with the notion that Asian noses are ugly and flat and wide and not attractive and must be fixed.

So it's embedded in my head that I have this troll of a nose, but I've come to terms with it somewhat more than say a few years ago where it seriously used to make my cry.

I sure would. I want a breast reduction. Not a major one. I'm not huge in the chest area, I just would prefer a C cup instead of a D cup. :smile:

My view on plastic surgery is it makes the "beauty standard" harder and harder to achieve... So it kind of creates a vicious cycle of trying to perfect oneself, when that perfection can't ever be achieved.

I personally am not bothered by people doing it, however. If it honestly will help you feel better about yourself, go for it. But there will always be somebody out there who is "more beautiful" than you or has a "better" body. It seems a bit futile. I find that people like me even though I'm not perfect-looking. And when I really know a person I can't gauge what they look like anymore. I'm just so used to seeing them, their physical characteristics don't matter to me that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->