Nips And Tucks

it's pretty bizarre how most celeb faces we 'know' are surgically altered. it's a more than a bit grotesque.

After I have kids I wouldn't mind having a breast lift. They're D cups, so I don't want them hanging down to my toes by the time I'm 35.

Personally I think people consider plastic surgery too easily nowadays.
It's mostly the self critisism that takes over.
Then there are ( rare ) cases where it might be needed.

I would never get one though, I've accepted the fact I'm only human
and don't want to spend so much energy correcting my imperfections :wink:

What if you had dumbo ears and were to ashamed to wear your hair up? Are you seriously saying that you wouldn't have them pinned back cuz surgery is sooo wrong? Ears especially are something that I wouldn't think twice about (and i would let my kids have it done if they turned up with dumbo ears) So many kids get teased cuz of that...it's so sad :(

i wouldnt mind gettign a nosejob.. i just have to find someone willing to nurse me for a couple weeks (my uncle'd give me a free one)

At the moment I wouldn't do any surgery but Im not going to say that I never will because you never know.

But I think to many people get surgery even if they look great before just because they feel that they don't look like a supermodel or something. But imagine how boring it would be if everyone was alike, if everybody looked like they were 25 and all had they same bodytype.

But I understand that some people have big complex for something and get it done but most people don't really need it. One thing that is great about plasticsurgery is that those who loose alot of weight and have extra skin can get it removed.

I'd get a nosejob. But right now... no money = no nosejob and I'm pretty ok with that. B)

After watching all those surgery shows like Dr. 90210, and NipTuck, I would never dare step into a plastic surgeon's clinic! :yuk:

tealady said:
I once fell off a cliff and my face hit the cliff twice on the way down. :blink: As a result, I had to have my face reconstructed. I don't recommend surgery of any kind unless it's medically necessary. Healing is hard work.

That is exactly what the Bible says and its good. You can only alter your body if it has been changed in an accident, say fire, then you can return it to its natural form. but altering it when theres nothing wrong with it is not cool.

I don´t think surgery is absolutely necessary for me but I wouldn´t say no if I had a chance to get one. Boob job would be one I could have. I´m so flat that I don´t fill even A cup so bigger boobs would be nice. At least that A cup...

I would consider lipo in the belly area - $$ is a problem though. :cry::cry::cry:

I have been contemplating on getting something done, bodywise. Maybe if I share my very personal story you might understand.

I had polycystic ovarian syndrome and the cysts made me body go haywire and one of the things it did was made me gain a lot of weight in a short period of time. I gained small quantities when the cysts were forming, but thought nothing of it really except growing up... The majority of weight happened around August to Febuary this year when I was diagnosed. I noticed I gained 10 pounds in one week. It was my birthday so I thought I just overate but was still shocked...I cut back and did some dieting until Christmas...by the time Christmas came I gained another 18 pounds even though I dieted. I was so insecure also my body hurt from the rapid weight gain that I spent my New Years crying in my room. 28 pounds in a month and a half is really painful; body aches made it painful to do anything and I have a lot of stretchmarks for that gain. After I probably gained an extra 25 before I was finally diagnosed. I think part of the reason why this year I've been so concerned with dressing well and having the perfect hair and make-up everyone wants is because it was the one constant on the outside I can control and I thought maybe if people noticed I look well and dress well then people wouldn't make fat jokes of me. I love to swim and I adore the beach, but ever since a relative called me Shamu and Yokozuna (a Sumo wrestler) I have sat with my shirt and skirt still on at the beach or swim with board shorts and a tee ...."fat suit" and I go swimming in my apartment pool at night in my "skinny suit" so no one but my best friend is there to see my scars and even so....I tinker with the pool switchboard and shut half the lights so its hard to look into the water.

Now that I've been on medicine, the cysts effects went away and I've slowly and painstakingly lost so far 13 pounds, but I can't make those extensive scars disappear and when I do go back to a smaller size if there's stubborn fats or loose skin I will not hesitate to lipo or mesotherapy it then nip and tuck it and I have my mothers full support on it. Yes, the procedures are still cosmetics to make me feel better, but I'm only a teen and I don't want to have what those cysts did to me the rest of my life. I don't want to look like a supermodel, hell I'm not expecting to be beautyqueens and models like my mom, sister and cousin, I just want to be me, healthy and without the baggage and scars.

Last edited by a moderator:
[font=&quot]I also have PCOS - dignosed in 2000, but have had almost all the symptoms, including infertility, on miscarriage (and a stillbirth more recently). I am now 26.

A few years ago, I switched to a whole foods diet with whole grains, whole fruits and vegges, fish, organic meat, dairy and eggs. Nothing refined. I try to work out at least every other day if not every day to stay in shape. Thats pretty much my reason for wanting lipo. Insulin resistance will just keep the fat on your belly no matter WHAT you do. :cry:

I am leaving a lot out right now, but its a battle and a half. But once you learn what works for you, it gets better. I have regular periods now, lost weight, have tons of enery, etc.

More later.
[font=&quot]:flower:[/font]
[/font][font=&quot] You take care. :heart::heart::flower:[/font]

maybe lipo .... but nothing else unless disfiguration due to accident

maybe lipo ... but nothing else unless disfiguration due to accidents

Surgery is ok if it is:
a) Medical. Doubt anyone would disagree other than some of the religious folk.
b) Used to alter facial features. Nose jobs and eyebag removal and cheek implants etc at the end of the day are very superficial surgeries. There is nominal risk to one's health and they can be done under local anasthetic.

Surgery is not ok if:
a) It is used for fat removal -there is no substitute for excercise. The crunches not working? Well chances are you are doing them wrong. Liposuction etc is MAJOR surgery and ultimately becomes a grotesque, self absorbed act because your life is on the line.
b) It is used as an anti-ageing thing. Everyone ages. There is nothing to be ashamed of. Plus facelifts etc always look fake so what is the point?

I wouldn't mind getting a smaller behind. My father has kindly passed on his big butt on to me.:angry: This sounds psycho of course, seeing how I'm only 17 and a guy.

tealady said:
I once fell off a cliff and my face hit the cliff twice on the way down. :blink: As a result, I had to have my face reconstructed. I don't recommend surgery of any kind unless it's medically necessary. Healing is hard work.

^ I agree. When I was a young child I got into a really bad accident while playing outside which completely shattered my nose. The whole thing had to be reconstructed. I wouldn't ever want to experience that again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->