No. 21 F/W 2021.22 Milan

^Totally, where is his mastery of sophisticated yet casual separates? This looks cheap and embarassing...gone is the clever styling, replaced by a Forever 21 sensibility.

I am disappointed. Alessandro was always one of the very few designers who knew how to design easy and elegant clothes with the high fashion touch. I hope it is just a one time failure.

Guys, probably I'm just too old but I do remember Alessandro Dell'Acqua's earlier work, from when he still designed for his namesake brand...it was raunchy, sexy, dark (his ads shot by Steven Klein were amazing). It is just when he launched N.21 that he went BCBG but I think this is the first time that I see him re-appropriating his earlier spirit and trying to reconcile it with his more elegant styles. I guess this collection can be confusing for those familiar with his late work but a darker side was always there, always.

I also find certain resemblance to his Alessandro dell'Acqua ealier work. And I actually like his womensewear, but his approach to menswear is just ... meh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amy092
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->