No.21 F/W 2024.25 Milan

This is nice. Nothing exceptional nor freshly inspirational. But it’s reliably solid offering of good separates— that mix of 1960s bad girl Jean Colonna trying to fool people into believing that she’s a classic bourgeoisie Prada that Alessandro’s really good at doing.

I have to put on a reminder that I have to go to Milan next winter to buy those clothes!

It’s a beautiful and solid collection. A bit ANCORA-ish in some ways, a bit Prada in the color palette and allure but still inventive and urban.
The super short skirts and slits are a bit too much but I guess it’s a runway statement that will be fixed once it goes into production.

The knitwear and the cocktail dresses are kind of exceptional…
And the fake fur here is more fun than the real fur at Fendi!

All of that for a brand that is cheaper than Jacquemus!
Bravo Alessandro!

This this what I like about Dell'Acqua: he's a real clotheshorse, he does what he does with a very earnest approach and he's not pretentious about it.
When he manages to blend his prada-isms with his original, Neapolitan, kind of dirty, sleazy girl ideal the results, like today, are totally brilliant.
And I hope they will miss him now at Rochas...

Last edited:
I must disagree.
he’s been way more genuine and unique on his previous collections whereas here it’s a mix of Sabato’s and Prada. and very too much on the nose.

there are, fortunately, a few more original looks but it’s not where he decided to construct from or around and it’s a real shame cos he’s usually one of the very good ones at MFW.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now this is something to praise, unlike that poo poo colored Burberry collection.

I think this is a Prada redux, but I love when references are well applied and crafted. It’s a win for me!

It is a mash-up of Jean Colonna, Prada and Isabel Marant. I like it but I don't think anyone will remember it by the end of fashion month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericsalodesign
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->