No Small Price To Pay For Denim Perfection

The jeans from the first collection are different in my view, and I suppose they're the exception that (maybe) proves the rule. The cutting down of big jeans to little ones is a kind of genius idea in my book - it's pretty abstract (why do it?), but difficult to do (since there's a skill involved in the cutting and remaking), and had never been done before. The denim itself was kept classic - no funny wear marks, just good indigo jeans. THey were reworked, no doubt, but in an entirely original way and one in which the "integrity" of the original product was maintained.

Perfect:-)

The tweed jeans I saw was women and the fabric was tweed. It had a slightly worn-out look which was very cool. I like it.

Jeans are the least creative, most asinine garments comprehendable. They are useful as workwear but as a look they only serve to express how massclusivity has de-railed fashion

i have to disagree about the integrity of jeans are a garment and denim/ synthetic blends as a material. more expensive, artisanal, higher tech technology doesn't always mean better. the versatility of jeans makes it an ideal garment: it is relatively inexpensive to manufacture, it is not gender, age, body shape specific, it is durable, it can withstand use without a lot of maintenance: all in all a pretty darn good product.

there is a reason by ysl confessed he wished he would have invented them.

i do agree that jeans are marketed wayyy over price for what goes into the process of manufacture, and it is pretty silly to pay for something as a symbol of status. i guess jeans are a very american symbol, and it now seems to be the uniform for the masses.

don't hate the product, hate the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
like the rest if you, i am OBSESSED w/ jeans!!! i just bought 4 pairs of rock and republic jeans. i love them so much!

anyways, i find inexpensive, durable, unrefined materials most intriguing in terms of what you can come up with as unique solutions. i think denim could fit into this category, and all that money from overpriced denim could be pooled into more innovative areas that aren't just about garments. innovation usually comes about having to work w/ limited materials. anyways, this is what i'd except from junya. :innocent:

The only pair of jeans I have purchased lately are Levi's. I just can't bring myself to pay that much money for some denim. At least not right now I can't. :smile:

I haven't been impressed much with the denim offerings from Junya. Tried on a basic black pair of jeans from him for last winter's collection, wasn't very flattering cut. Then again I have yet to try any of the more experimental models such as the Levi's.

Honey~Blade I am wondering what is the significance of the "M" in Junya's designs. I remember seeing some basic button downs that had that M embroidered on the chest, and am surprised to learn this motif also carried over to the jeans. Interesting...

Fade to Black said:
I haven't been impressed much with the denim offerings from Junya. Tried on a basic black pair of jeans from him for last winter's collection, wasn't very flattering cut. Then again I have yet to try any of the more experimental models such as the Levi's.

Honey~Blade I am wondering what is the significance of the "M" in Junya's designs. I remember seeing some basic button downs that had that M embroidered on the chest, and am surprised to learn this motif also carried over to the jeans. Interesting...

"M" is just for "Mens" I think. Strange, I've had a totally opposite experience with Junya's denim - it's perfect.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Yeah I remember seeing you post a pic of you wearing those Junya black jeans which had those black/white speaker looking embroidery on it, those seemed pretty cool...i don't know i guess it was the Barneys end of season sale everything was just handled to shreds, I took a medium which I'm guessing was right for my 32-33 waist but the waist didn't fit right and the legs were way too short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->