Non-Leather & Vegan Handbags

I need help.
I am looking for one Stella McCartney bag which I saw in a magazine this month which mean that there are chances that I could buy it somewhere :smile:
Anyway I couldn't find a picture on the internet but it looks similar to this Chanel bag.
Anyone can help me and tell me where I could find similar Stella McCartney bag. Tnx

chanel_bags-handbagsmastercom.jpg

handbagsmaster.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Many fashionable clothing items and accessories are now made from synthetic materials rather than animal skins. Many non-leather items are sold in discount shoe stores, or you can shop online for an even larger selection. Check out www.veganstore.com, www.veganessentials.com and www.mooshoes.com for stylish non-leather shoes, handbags, wallets, belts and other accessories.
(.idausa.org)

Hope this sites will help you:smile:

So I found the Stella McCartney bag that I want but they have it only in pink. Anyone know where I could find black one?

maria8603-01.jpg

shop.maria-dubrovnik.hr

:(
Matt & Nat bags are FANTASTIC :woot: I don't own one but I've always wanted to. Next time I go to Montreal I'm getting one. They are good quality from what I've heard and really cool :smile:

Wow! thankyou so much, this brand is going to be my new go-to for handbags and belts! ^_^

Vegan handbags

I saw a request in another thread for ideas for vegan handbags that aren't ripstop nylon and the like. Just came across this at the Bella Notte outlet (bellanotteoutlet.com) ... it's rayon/silk velvet and less than $50.

Attachments

• bella notte.jpg
    bella notte.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 5
Fashionista-ta sent me here and now I'll probably live here!

It would be very interesting to know from those here who bought vegan designer bags, if the bags held up or not.
There are many more vegan options now than when this thread was started, but I still find it hard to know what is quality and what isn't.

"Handmade" should be an indicator of higher quality, but do you think it is? Etsy offers lots of handmade vegan bags but most of the time I find it hard to tell if I would be paying for quality, design or simply the fact it's vegan.

Some Etsy stores I've noticed:

MeDusaBrand makes urban chic vegan vinyl bags. Bags are often monochrome with either embossed or debossed pattern details. There are many different types of bags to choose from.

LARASbags are simple clutches made from hand-woven Indonesian Ikat fabrics. They are expensive but they look very well made. The patterns and textiles are respected within the design and I like that the owner gives some credit to the artists who made the fabric.

kasiadietz has been featured in Marie Claire etc and makes convertible canvas totes in nice patterns.

Fashionista-ta recommended straw bags for a grown up vegan look. Straw is such a great material! I search for wicker/rattan too. Some of the best wicker/straw bags I've found so far are vintage made in Italy.

I could go on about vintage vegan bags and materials to look for if anyone is interested... I have a soft spot for opulent evening bags (that I never use).
I really love my velvet bag made in India ca 1940-50. I sometimes come across these bags (the metal thread embroidery is called zardosi or bullion) online and many are gorgeous and in very good condition.

Attachments

• Indien liten 1.jpg
    Indien liten 1.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Indien liten 2.jpg
    Indien liten 2.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
(Come to think of it, there could aways be some cultural appropriation going on with the Ikat bags. I haven't researched ritual meanings etc.)

I once owned a Marimekko canvas briefcase that was so good. If Marimekko still produces the same quality as they used to, I would recommend their bags.

^ I've bought Marimekko products lately that were great quality, so I imagine so ...

7 Vegan Leather Bags That Are Even Chicer Than the Real Thing

Stella McCartney flower-embroidered small bucket bag, $1,050
Givenchy Antigona medium faux-leather satchel, price upon request
Freedom of Animals mini bucket bag, $180
ASOS front zip backpack with dog clip in faux shearling, $36
Matt & Nat Deeter tote, $90
Yoki fashion faux suede saddle bag, $35
Danielle Nicole Alessia crossbody bag, $78

Would Susan B. Anthony, that iconic fighter for women’s rights, carry her position papers in a shiny calfskin briefcase? Would Mary Shelley, who not only reputedly eschewed meat but had her main man Frankenstein opine, “My food is not that of man; I do not destroy the lamb and kid to glut my appetite; acorns and berries afford my sufficient nourishment,” favor a buckskin bucket bag?

Would Tolstoy, Gandhi, Plato, Leonardo da Vinci, George Bernard Shaw, and Pythagoras have crowded the handbag sale aisles at Bergdorf Goodman, snatching up suede schoolgirl satchels and cowhide clutches?

No way! Don’t think so!

All these people, and many more—maybe you!—were vegetarians, and some were vegan. But just because you hold firm principles, just because hides don’t hide in your closet, doesn’t mean you have to hold something depressing and unchic in your slender, sexy hand.

Don’t compromise! In our wonderful pluralistic world, plenty of designers are offering gorgeous alternatives, from Stella McCartney’s floral bucket bag to satchel to the evocatively named Freedom of Animals’s tasseled mini number.

Above, our pick of the best leather-free lovelies.
vogue

So I found the Stella McCartney bag that I want but they have it only in pink. Anyone know where I could find black one?

shop.maria-dubrovnik.hr

This isn't going to help you with this bag, but I would definitely get in touch with the nearest boutique, and talk to the store manager. I don't buy Stella McCartney, but for other brands, I find that the manager may be the best informed person in the store.

LV has coated canvas bags but they do have some leather in them like the straps.

I really love the Herschel and Co bags. Different styles, fashionable , affordable and all canvas.

i'm all for non-leather bags, as long as they don't resort to pleather. that's basically plastic, which is essentially oil and we all know what oil does to the world.

i never thought Givenchy would make pleather bags!

Most of the high-quality items arrive in leather. May be you can go for Matt & Nat. Their website says they sell premium quality vegan leather bags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"