Numéro #199 December 2018 : Hannah Motler by Txema Yeste

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by amby, Nov 27, 2018.

1. amby

amby Active Member

2. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

This irrelevant magazine with its equally irrelevant covers pains me to death.

3. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

I feel like their headlines are all the time the same: Magic, Magnetic, Sensuality, Music, Movie, Dance, Rock + Karl at every issue. A lot of black and white covers. Same photographers. I am so done with Numéro. One of the first magazines I discovered with VP and this publication ages so badly. Babeth is so out of touch, so cliché.

modela, Bertrando3, Benn98 and 2 others like this.
  4. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Numéro looks more and more like « Le magazine des copains » like Mastermind and CRFB...
    Babeth had a vision, created something great but sometimes it’s good to let go. Numéro is turning into Citizen K in a way (at least CK is 1€).
    Of course, like Emmanuelle, she had that over-nostalgic thing for the 80’s. Slimane on the cover, I can already see Mondino doing something...
    Karl, Vanessa when it’s not Gaultier and all.

I prefer this over VP tho. No jeans ed.

So it’s official, M Le Monde is the only modern looking magazine in the French fashion landscape.

5. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Seriously, Numéro and VP must ask themselves why Elle France continues to increase quarter after quarter. It's because there's no rivals, not because people are basic. That shoddy little weekly delivers more variety in one month than VP/Numéro in one year.

Last month's VP signaled a change, so I'm keen to see where they'll go with that. But I've not seen a striking Numéro cover in months. And to think this is France. The fashion epicentre of the world. We can scream at Anna and Edward over their commercial covers but at least their audience is commercial. The other guy is not even worthy of being mentioned. What's Alt and Babeth's excuse?

6. 333101

333101 Well-Known Member

I usually love Txema Yeste but this is such a poor cover. She's barely visible! The black and white looks so boring too - what's going to make this stand out on the newsstand?

Valentine27 likes this.
  7. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Before, I would have said that they wanted to avoid controversy and do a more « international friendly » version of their magazines to appeal to tourists who still believe in that « La Parisienne » tired marketing trick....

But I think that they are just living in the bubble of the 16th arrondissement and « Le Triangle d’Or ». Yes we can criticize Anna & Edward but at least, their magazines seems to aknowledge whatever is happening culturally, in the industry and all.

You can decide to make the boldest and loudest magazine to make people dream but that’s not the case here. Before, Numero & VP were competing with the biggest Vogue and other publications like Interview....Now, they all compete with ELLE France but clearly, it’s hard to do when you live in a ivory tower.

Benn98 likes this.
  8. TaylorBinque

TaylorBinque Well-Known Member

Paid partnership with Celine. I can't wait to see all the tricks their marketing team trying to make the new Celine work.

Benn98 likes this.
  9. Valentine27

Valentine27 Well-Known Member

What is that? It's so messy and there's too much to take : the half shadow on the face, the veil, the hairstyle, the blur, the light beams, then the barely visible "199" and Vogue masthead. And it's black and white (as Vogue Paris' December cover). I don't feel any magic here. I'm bummed because I adore Txema's work.
    Overall, this is a disappointing and irrelevant year for Numéro. I used to be such a fan of their covers. The last covers that I remember and that had an impact on me were August 2017 (with Guinevere van Seenus) and inevitably December 2016 (with Roos Abels). That one was literally a magical/festive cover, perfect for December.

10. SLFC

SLFC Active Member

The lighting, the positioning. None of this works.

11. Ken Doll Jenner

Ken Doll Jenner Active Member

This is just ridiculous. Everytime I opened a thread of a cover with Celine, I kept thinking it was Saint Laurent. Does this mean that the days where a house's aesthetic is instantly recognizable on magazine covers are starting to go away?

Benn98 likes this.
  12. Perickles

Perickles Well-Known Member

I love this cover. Very dark and European as it should be.

13. littlekiki

littlekiki Well-Known Member

I hope the editorial is better.

14. mikel

mikel Well-Known Member

I used to buy Numero every month like ten years ago. Now I hardly remember it’s still a thing.

This cover got me excited though... for their 200th issue next February. The anniversary issues I have are great, so I hope their 200th issue will be special too.

15. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Active Member

Very good styling, so why do it in black and withe? What a waste. And the lighting is terrible, they probably think thats is edgy, but it actually looks very rookie.

16. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Reine Des Cieux

Photographer: Txema Yeste
    Stylist: Bernat Buscato
    Hair: Jordi Fontanals
    Makeup: Victor Alvarez
    Cast: Hannah Motler

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Numéro Paris Digital Magazine

17. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Mutante

Photographer: Hugh Lippe
    Stylist: Charles Varenne
    Hair: Brent Lawler
    Makeup: Matti P.
    Cast: Julia van Os

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

#17 Benn98, Dec 3, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    June likes this.
  18. mikel

mikel Well-Known Member

That’s a beautiful editorial ! Thanks for posting Benn98 :flower:

That shot of Hannah in the green top and gold crown with the orange background would’ve made a far more better cover!

19. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Pleasure! What struck me as well was that the cover bore nearly zero relevance to the edit, which was far better anyway.

mikel likes this.
  20. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Paris by Night

Photographer: Marco van Rijt
    Stylist: Rebecca Bleynie
    Hair: Erika Svedjevik
    Makeup: Josefina Zarmen
    Cast: Mariam De Vinzelle

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]