Reine Des Cieux

Photographer: Txema Yeste
Stylist: Bernat Buscato
Hair: Jordi Fontanals
Makeup: Victor Alvarez
Cast: Hannah Motler

Numéro Paris Digital Magazine
Magnifique! Thanks

Miles Aldridge can try all he wants but recreating Immaculée is almost impossible. Elibeidy looks gorgeous though as does Juliane.

On its own, each edit is actually remarkable and very strong. But not together. And I think that furthers the point that Babeth does not really have a cohesive eye. Her individual edits suffer from that as well in the way she sequence the images. There's not much flow. Take the Lippe/Varenne story, for instance. It is possible to deal with multiple stories/settings in one edit without it looking disjointed. I don't understand the sequence against the telly, and the two with Julia kneeling. Those don't really match the story so much. One of the last two could easily have been cut instead. It's almost in direct contrast to the Moncler/Valentino look which was actually perfectly captured as a throwback look to Christobal Balenciaga. This is why it's so important the see the layout as it is intended by the editor, to fully understand their vision for the story. Because then you can truly tell who's got storytelling chops, and who doesn't.

I will say that this issue seemed more varied than their usual offering. Paris by Night is very French, down to the girl. If Alt hadn't been sustaining herself on that aesthetic, it may have been refreshing here. But alas. Yeste's editorial is obviously the highlight of the isdue, but I like them all for different reasons. Even the Aldridge one which seemed somewhat toned down in his usual campy direction.

The cover is nothing special but the content is quite strong: I like the cover story, Txema is one of my favourites right now. I don't like Hannah Motler, I find her pretty bland. The story with Elibeidy is beautiful, girl really showed her skills in that editorial.

What an amazing main ed. So beautiful as usual! I'm obsessed.

Paris By Night is really the kind of eds i'm tired of seeing in French magazines. If they don't find a new way to do it...Then, maybe they should move on from this.
The idea of Paris's nightlife doesn't make anyone dream anymore.

The others eds are good but it's a pity that the cover doesn't really relate to the main ed. It's very fitting of an aesthetic of the designer rather than the vision of an editor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"