Numéro Tokyo July/August 2018 : Taylor Hill by Zoey Grossman

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by Zorka, May 26, 2018.

1. Zorka

Zorka Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Previews:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

https://numero.jp/news-20180524-taylor-hill/

2. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

When she first came out I expected her to become a supermodel since she has the features of 90s supermodels but for some reason her print work doesn't pop as he runway work.

3. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

When it comes to print, it feels like she went straight into booking catalogues and beauty campaigns - with the occasional sideline in swimsuit modelling - and mostly bypassed high fashion. She's probably very successful, in pterms of income, but when it comes to fashion editorials, it's as if she's invisible. Or forgettable.

It's a shame, because she is beautiful, but maybe someone like Andreea D already fills the niche where Taylor could be.

4. Bertrando3

Bertrando3 Well-Known Member

she´s indeed very forgettable and not slaying it, she´s just there and beautiful but in today´s high fashion world being cute does not cut it anymore, you have to bring way more than your biological DNA. She´s just a sweet girl booking commercial stuff but not a supermodel made for couture and to be known worldwide. I like her smile and she looks sweet but yeah many more girls have way more to bring in comparison to her.

And I´m sorry but this cover is nothing more than a casting photo, shame on people who thought THIS could be cover material lol I mean... magazines don´t even try nowadays it´s freakin´ laughable, and then people are surprised PRINT magazines are dying???? Look at this first lol

#4 Bertrando3, May 27, 2018
    Last edited by moderator satindersolanki: May 27, 2018
  5. RanThe

RanThe Active Member

Taylor always falls flat in print. Her Lancôme shots are always stunning. She’s for a beautiful girl and a throwback to the 90s.

I really think she needs a makeover. Maybe go blonde and short or go a little darker and short. Something different.

6. zoom

zoom Well-Known Member

Looks like a cheap 00s Seventeen cover-try outake. Hill is skirting Hailey Baldwin territory and agree her look needs a freshen up to stay HF relevant.

7. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

I don't like the thin fonts. It looks very amateurish. Actually, the entire thing looks amateurish. It's too casual of a picture to use for this publication. She's too pretty to carry this natural kind of photoshoot. She works best when she's glammed up, she can handle that.

8. elle_gb

elle_gb Active Member

She's so gorgeous.

9. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

That's what I see as well! Beautiful, but too inoffensive. And I also agree that Taylor's print work is way too commercial. Not sure why we are expecting more, she's from the Insta/VS fold.

10. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Agreed, darker hair would suit her better though it may not help with her more lucrative commercial jobs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

pics facethis blog

11. dfl-001

dfl-001 Well-Known Member

I think she's super gorgeous but agree, that cover would be perfect for 'Seventeen'. But it's the Tokyo market( which I'm not familiar) is that what they look for with this issue?

12. carolisque

carolisque Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

COVER STORY
    "TAYLOR, DRESSED DOWN"

Photographer: Zoey Grossman
    Stylist: Anna Katsanis
    Hair: Conrad Dornan
    Make-up: Morgane Martini

Model: Taylor Marie Hill

Credit: Fashion Gone Rogue (fashiongonerogue.com)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]