NY Times slams Kitson

haha, I love this article. I've never been in kitson before and this makes me want to keep it that way. Although now I'm a bit curious, is it seriously THAT bad? :lol:

There are always speculations that Kitson pays the celebrities big sums of money to come to their store and to wear their things (well, duh). Like that one time Paris and Nicky Hilton wore those shirts- I think Paris wore Team Jolie and Nicky wore Team Aniston- while walking out of the store. there was this whole paparazzi frenzy- I don't remember where I read it (I think in a blog) but this one girl was there and she went into the store when they were there, and paris was like holding every item up high so everyone sees what she "likes". And then when they left the shirts of course were almost immediately sold out, haha. So typical.

I put Kitson on my LA must see list. How disappointing! It was filled to the brim with novelty t-shirts and tanks......and TONNES of jeans! Riveting stuff......

Hmm.

I pass that street all the time, but never go in. It just looked kinda hectic.
Last time I passed, the store had a velvet rope and a line of women waiting to get inside the shop, I guess they were letting people in a few at a time?

Lol that was an awesome article, the writer was so freaking funny! I had to pause a bit to laugh at the witty remarks =D I've never been to Kitsons, but it sounds like a bimbo shop

wow, hilarious article. Once when I was in LA last year I passed by there and looked at it and decided I definitely didn't want to go in. :shock:

Something tells me that the horrible review from the New York Times won't hurt Kitson's business. I'm guessing that the percentage of clients that shop there and also read anything besides US Weekly, let alone the NY Times, is very slim. :rolleyes:

^ That's true. I'm sure the majority of the people who shop there only buy the gaudy looking items because "Paris Hilton/etc. wore this!"

Kitson is overrated. I actually went there out of curiosity and I didn't find anything I liked. Everything there is very trendy and WAYYYY overpriced. Kitson will only be for wealthy celeb obsessed teens.......

JuicyQueenLockweb.jpg
This is actually cute.

I am embarrassed to say I ordered a Team Jolie shirt of eGay. I know I know it's bad but... only for Angelina

SiennaInLondon said:
I am embarrassed to say I ordered a Team Jolie shirt of eGay. I know I know it's bad but... only for Angelina

Out of fairness to you, that could be worth a lot a few years from now ... somehow I have a feeling that rhinestoned cashmere Tweety sweaters will not.

I remember a few years ago, before Kitson became hugely popular my sister was telling me that her marketing teacher at her college was co owner or something of the store. She sounded so excited about the place because paris hilton shopped there, im embarassed for her :lol:

paris went to kitson and purposely called the paparazzi, she only bought lipgloss but went there to advertise for her sisters gross handbag line, they gave her a huge bag for the lipgloss, and outside was paris posing for pics.. :rolleyes:

anybody who shops there seem to be wannabes and try hards :innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like this is the teenybopper store for loaded kids.

The kind of people who would want a cashmere Tweety sweater are people with bad personal style...like Paris Hilton.

ugh i went there about a year ago just to see what all of the fuss was about...and i can assure you that that was the last time i've been/ will be there! oh and look at this gem i found on their site:
VntgDsnyTnkrJckt.jpg
VntgDsnyTnkrJktBck.jpg

how much you ask? not 1, not 2, not 3, but $495! for THAT!

marcj said:
great article.. I couldnt agree more.. Kitson is right near the hospital where I work... and when I go to lunch I always walk by and see people sifting through piles of sh*t.

What great planning B) So handy to have a hospital nearby in case someone starts gagging and can't stop :D

Lady Muck said:
Oh my :cry:

Are they made from roadkill?

either roadkill or old dreadlocks :sick:

this store is 100% TRASH. they must pay 'celebs' to go there.

ahhhhhhhhhh, how ugly lol, I visited Kitson´s homepage and they only have a few good things there..................I think Emma Roberts wore some and also Dominic Monaghan´s girlfriend Evangeline Lilly, I think she wore the WONDERWOMAN shirt........................

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
todayfendi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->