NYC upcoming Designers

Reaction score
I did research to see if this thread had been posted recently, but I am new and am trying to learn my way around. I hope I didn't miss this.:blush:

Anyway, I am curious if there are any new and/or up and coming designers out of NY that we should know about. I am always curious. From couture to the offbeat. However, I am most interested in those that fall somewhere in the middle.

Thanks!

martinibambini said:
I did research to see if this thread had been posted recently, but I am new and am trying to learn my way around. I hope I didn't miss this.:blush:

Anyway, I am curious if there are any new and/or up and coming designers out of NY that we should know about. I am always curious. From couture to the offbeat. However, I am most interested in those that fall somewhere in the middle.

Thanks!

Im also curious to this posting...where are these designers?

heyjude said:
I'm watching Verrier....based in NYC! Can;t wait to see the next collection.....Fall '06

http://www.verrier-fashion.com/

we dont need another "basic clothing" designer that creates "cute" looks. Nyc needs a dose of avant gardisim!!!! NY is becoming such a buttoned up and boring city.... where is the art in fashion here?? im getting restless

^it's the state of the industry. As frustrating as it is,economically,fashion is in a state of depression. All the more creative talents have and are suffering at the moment. I don't see anything changing for the moment,really.

agreed with scott on the state of the retail/industry at the moment , but i'm sure there must be some new NYC talents comming up ..i'm curious to click on new talent links

Honestly,with the up-town brigade in full force on the NY scene these last years,I don't see anybody coming up on in NY with regards to a certain idiosyncratic style.

heyjude said:
I'm watching Verrier....based in NYC! Can;t wait to see the next collection.....Fall '06

http://www.verrier-fashion.com/

That stuff is cute, but it looks like it wants to be the offspring of Chloé and Marc Jacobs...I would love to see more upcoming NYC designers though...something more unique.

This is all anybody came up with? We are talking New York City here! I didn't ask for just the 'different' but who those of us in other cities might want to know about. Let us be the judge who we like or not. Please?:blush:

I think it's kinda sad that I got more from the Indie thread on New York designers then here.

How about....who is hot on the New York scene right now? I am going for a few days in a few weeks and would like to know. Thanks.

^great jackets!!! Love the transformed trench with the frilled sleeves :wub:

New york is dead fashionwise for young designers, when was the last time we saw a collection from benjamin cho? where is micheal and hushi? Nico and adrian? Gaylean and Cianfarani? marshal liegh? elisa jiminez? patricia ayres? and the list could go on and on.

fashion in new york has been destroyed by these stupid people who promote ppl for reasons ther than thier creativity and originality. by greedy stylists, by exhorbitant PR prices and by stores who would rather carry lines by Jlo and Gwen Stephani than a mall independent designer who is doing fashion for the love of it and not for "hyping up" some other career.
I believe i am one of the most creative and interesting designers in new york and for four years i've been here and i have never gotten any support from anyone noteworthy.I have done a collection every season, I invite everyone an no one comes to my shows (exept my friends and a few people who are not prejudice when it comes to creativity) As far as im concerned im done with new york, fashionwise
yes its official I am skipping the fall 2006 season. I will try another city, (london or paris maybe..)

zamb said:
New york is dead fashionwise for young designers, when was the last time we saw a collection from benjamin cho? where is micheal and hushi? Nico and adrian? Gaylean and Cianfarani? marshal liegh? elisa jiminez? patricia ayres? and the list could go on and on.

fashion in new york has been destroyed by these stupid people who promote ppl for reasons ther than thier creativity and originality. by greedy stylists, by exhorbitant PR prices and by stores who would rather carry lines by Jlo and Gwen Stephani than a mall independent designer who is doing fashion for the love of it and not for "hyping up" some other career.
I believe i am one of the most creative and interesting designers in new york and for four years i've been here and i have never gotten any support from anyone noteworthy.I have done a collection every season, I invite everyone an no one comes to my shows (exept my friends and a few people who are not prejudice when it comes to creativity) As far as im concerned im done with new york, fashionwise
yes its official I am skipping the fall 2006 season. I will try another city, (london or paris maybe..)

Yes its very hard for young designers to get anywhere in this city but im not giving up because I know I have the skills, talent and unique style with my creations to be succesfull in this city!
Please dont give up, we need more artistically pasionate designers like yourself to do it till you bleed! because it is you who inspires the rest. they might not tell you or write it but they know it...and if they dont its also because they are jealous and cant realate to what you are doing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crinklechiffon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->