Nylon August 2000 : Amber Valletta

mrsjamesdean

Reaction score
269240695o.jpg

269240732o.jpg

ebay

not sure if it was posted but when i saw this on ebay it was actually refreshing to see this from nylon.i wish they could go back to their old days cause i would actually buy it.

http://nylonmag.com/nylonblogs/blog/2008/04/10/rewiiiind/
heres a blog on this issue on their website

wow, this cover almost makes it seem like Nylon has gone up in quality :lol:

really? i dont think so at all..i have almost every issue of nylon and it has gone from such an underground fashion mag to a seventeen teeny bopper type.

well, maybe this is one of their weaker covers in the past? because this really just looks more so typical..red,black and white is a safe color scheme for design and i don't know, the cover just looks totally bland and boring.

The first Nylon I ever bought had Lizzie Jagger on the cover.

"The Belle Jar"
Photos: Robert Nettarp
Stylist: Emma Sanchez
Hair: Renato Campora
Makeup: Jun Funahashi
Model: Eva Herzigova

my scans

First time I see an old Nylon. Looks totally different than the pop culture magazine it is today. Looks so alternative.

thanks for the radness that is vintage NYLON, tried to karma you koko...

I WANT her shoes!

this really just looks more so typical..red,black and white is a safe color scheme for design and i don't know, the cover just looks totally bland and boring

I think that's precisely the reason it's such a stellar, stand out cover. the image speaks for itself. they didn't need to sell it with all of that atrocious neon vomit.

There's almost a museum, still life quality to those images. Like the angle Mark shot Amber gives almost a heavy, unbalanced top heavy feel esp coupled with that oversize jacket she's wearing and the placement of the masthead ON her head. really draws the viewer in.

I wonder what typeface they used for the coverlines? that was used a lot in the earlier issues. I like the clean, vaguely space agey look to it.

This is so cool! Nylon was such a great mag. Reminds me of Details in the 80's, such a great rag until they ruined it and turned it into whatever it is today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->