Nylon June/July 2004 : Avril Lavigne

gem

Reaction score
june_cover04.jpg

:shock: Uhh. I like the actual photo but the girl herself, yuck. If only there was someone else's face. Sorry if it's been posted already.

NYLON used to be my faaaavorite magazine, then they got a new layout that im not a fan of, now advil lavigne on the cover, dear lord.

i haven't read nylon in ages, but i used to love it.
is it that really terrible now?
..oh wait a second, that's avril lavigne :sick: :sick:
i suppose so!!!!!

i confess that i don't listen to her at all...so i have no opinion of her as a musician ...artist...poseur...whatever you want to call her...

but i much prefer her to the blonde bimbo phenomenon and the over-tanned trash that's out there...i actually like her look and she doesn't look like everyone else that the media shoves down our throats...

i like the cover...but i still don't care for the mag... :P

Originally posted by softgrey@May 22nd, 2004 - 8:03 pm
i confess that i don't listen to her at all...so i have no opinion of her as a musician ...artist...poseur...whatever you want to call her...

but i much prefer her to the blonde bimbo phenomenon and the over-tanned trash that's out there...i actually like her look and she doesn't look like everyone else that the media shoves down our throats...

Well said, gurey. :flower:

i thought nylon was an awesome mag about 3 years ago...

avril is just as processed and pre-packaged as the rest of the blonde brigade. she just doesnt do it for me. although I kinda like one of her songs... but only when i'm drunk and depressed :ninja:

Question!!!

If anyone has the mag, can you tell me if there is an edit with Sarah Seewar/NY model Mgmt inside...!!!!

Thank you! :flower:

Nylon used to be AMAZING. i felt like last month's was not too terrible and had an unusual and beautiful terry richardson photo-but AVRIL?????????? THAT IS HORRIBLE! I think she stands for everything the old Nylon was against! Ewwwwwww

I like her, but at the same time i dont like when people dont change up thier look. She always looks so goth to me. But that may be part of her appeal for some.

eeww!!
nylon, what have you done to yourself?
i am very sad about this whole avril thing.
nylon was never about that :\
nylon needs to focus on the great talented artists who gain little or no recognition. in my opinion they should've put harry on that cover instead of avril.

pix7_large.jpg

this makes me sad.

i remember when i picked up my first issue of nylon .. it had to have been in 99 .. or there abouts + i was amazed at how wonderfully visual the magazine was.... i bought a few issues (it was bi-monthly then..is it still?), and then the store i went to stopped carrying it ... i couldn't find it for like two years....

i finally find it again, and i pick it up + it's definaetly not the same magazine.... new layout ... it doesn't appeal to me. + now someone like avril on the cover. gone way downhill. which saddens me......

I don't like the cover :shock: , nobody tell me that Avril was gothic !! :lol: no it's strange.

Originally posted by softgrey@May 23rd, 2004 - 2:03 am

ditto, i dont mind the 'weird' cover pose, its fresh

but Nylon is so over really :innocent:

Originally posted by Lena@May 23rd, 2004 - 6:00 am
but Nylon is so over really :innocent:
..which makes me weep! :cry:

teh last issue i bought was march, i think... and it wasn't really so amazing. and the issue with mariacarla boscono on the cover really sucked :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->