Nylon June/July 2009 : Karen O.

pinkballoons

Reaction score
Nylonmag on Twitter: "guess the word's out: OUR JUNE/ JULY COVER STAR IS KAREN O!!!!!!"

:woot::woot::woot:

who's Karen O? hopefully she's more appealing than this Anna Faris girl..title change!

^ She is the lead singer of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, a huge upgrade imo:

20857371.png

pbase.com

:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
i love YYYs! but she doesn't look too hot! D: i love her voice, though. had no idea her name was Karen.

B) Love the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Very interested to see.

Goodness she's so gorgeous.
Can't wait to see this cover aaaaaagh!

ugh! why on earth is nylon finally having good cover subjects when i don't have a subscription anymore?

Yay! Finally a Nylon cover I'm really excited about ! I love the YYYs! Last album was great! And Karen O is so excentric in her fashion!

Ergh :ninja:
That angle is awful. Very unflattering.

^^i actually really like the cover! looks really good...and it's about time Nylon chose a cover star who actually doesn't look like they're pretending and actually never dress in the clothes they're wearing on the cover. She looks really good.

Table of Contents
---
Hustle and Flo
Florence Welch, used to be the life of the party. Now she's the darling of the music world.

Strum as You Are
Don't call them folk! Here are five up-and-coming British musicians who are mixing up the genre.

Naughty by Nature
Amanda Blank and Thunderheist's Isis are reclaiming booty rap for the ladies.

Fire Starters
Once upon a time, Phoenix were struggling for radio play - now they're playing SNL.

Greetings From...
A subterranean Japanese bar, an Australian cavegirl hangout, and a St. Patrick's Day celebration in China. Of Montreal keep a tour diary for Nylon.

Rebel Belle
Former Distillers front woman Brody Dalle commits punk-rock sacrilege with her harmonic new band Spinnerette.

The Perfect Storm
Jack White and Alison Mosshart's new blues-rock bnad, The Dead Weather, make a thunderous debut.

They've Got the Beet
Au Revoir's Simone invite Nylon over for some homemade soup, and talk about their eclectic new album.

Something's Changed
Jarvis Cocker emerges with a case of existenstial malaise, and an introspective new album.

Talk of the Town
On the strength of one EP, Lissy Trullie has become NYC's latest obsession.

Portraits of the Artists
Todd DiCiurcio's lifesize drawings of live band performances make you feel like you're back at the show.

Dream Weavers
Trippy Aussie duo Empire of the Sun want to take you on a fantastic voyage.

Out of the Wild
After an acclaimed album and a tour with Radiohead, Grizzly Bear have laid down some gorgeous, sweeping new songs.

Sense and Sensitivity
Patrick Wolf's penchant for wittily exploring the far reaches of human emotion is so considerable that his latest creation spans two albums.

The Gilded Age
Nylon visits Santigold in the studio, where she's just started working on an ambitious follow-up to her multi-genre debut.

It's Alive!
The Midwestern living things almost went Americana - Until they traveled to Berlin and found Rock 'n' Roll again.

Night Shift
Nylon meets up with Simian Mobile Disco for a night on the town - But finds out that the party already started.

Visionary Quests
Thanks to sites like YouTube, music videos are enjoya a creative renaissance.

Back in Black
How garage rockers The Horrors resurrected themselves into purveyors of weighty, intimate songs.

En Route
Far from London's trawled music scene, Glasgow dances to a beat all its own.

Fashion and Features
---
Sonic Boom

There was a time when the Yeah Yeah Yeahs looked like they were finished. But with It's Blitz!, the band has never been more alive.

Tiny Dancer
Synth sensation Victoria Hesketh, a.k.a. Little Boots, is poised to reinvent pop one small dance at a time.

The Sound of Now
We spend all year scouring the darkest recesses of the internet, hounding labels, and drinking watered-down beer in dingy venues to bring you the best music out there. Here are the fruits of our labor.

Voices Carry
Adele is finally getting the stateside recognition she deserves.

Gang of Four
The pop-perfect plastiscines have their sights set on global domination.

(Oh, and by the way. I hope posting the ToC doesn't come off as obnoxious. I just like seeing what's in a issue before I buy it and I'm sure others do as well. I can edit and consolidate in the future if posting it all seems redundant.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->