Ohne Titel S/S 08 NYC

iperlchen

daisy in my lazy eye
Reaction score
NEW YORK, September 8, 2007 – "There's a sense of intuition that goes into designing clothing; you know for yourself what you want," said Alexa Adams, who, with Flora Gill, designs the self-confident new line Ohne Titel. That's German for "untitled," but judging from this polished runway debut, it's a name to be reckoned with. The duo—Parsons graduates who collaborated on their senior thesis and later worked together for Karl Lagerfeld—brought their own point of view to the safari theme that has been running wild since Resort. Their printed, body-conscious knits were developed after looking at tribal art, totem poles, and the graphic work of the French painter Jean Dubuffet; the accessories were raffia and rubber numbers of their own invention. Softer, but in a sculptural way, was a series of bustle-back skirts. The cream of this collection, though, was the suiting. A red draped jacket paired with wide-leg pants had an irresistible fluidity. "It's sort of cheesy, but we're into the eighties idea of clothing for working women," said Adams, who looks to have quite a promising career ahead of her.

– Laird Borrelli-Persson
00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg

00040m.jpg
00080m.jpg

Source: style.com

love all I've seen so far :heart: graphic printed dress always do it for me ^_^
thanks a lot Iperlchen for this thread !!

omg there are so many cute things...
a very good collection...

Thought I'd post this from their website [www.ohnetitel.com]
OHNE TITEL is the luxury women's collection designed by Flora Gill and Alexa Adams. The two met 8 years ago in New York City while attending Parson's School of Design, where they realized that they shared similar influences and style. After graduating, they separated to design for established labels. Alexa spent several years at Helmut Lang. In 2005, the two reunited to work for Karl Lagerfeld. In September 2006 Alexa and Flora founded the brand.

OHNE TITEL pairs primitive and organic elements with a techno-modern sensibility. Inspired by the tensions created by the juxtaposition of disparate elements, they created a line for a strong and modern woman. Stretch and an appreciation of the body are important for creating a utilitarian silhouette. OHNE TITEL is about luxury created by beautiful fabrics and attention to the minutest detail in fit and finishing, inside and out.

For their first collection they were inspired by technical sportswear. The color palette combines shades of grey and black with purple and gold accents. Rip-stop nylon and neoprene are paired with soft cashmere, wool, and gold. Plastic raffia is crocheted to appear like feathers. Fur is expertly crafted with athletic backpack elements. Tops, jackets and coats are taken from ski jackets and wool jersey is dipped in shiny silicone water-proofing. It is wearable, functional, fresh and unexpected, designed for a woman with a unique and individual personal style.

I'm curious what their upcoming collections will bring, their visions sure do spark my interest. ^_^ Tribal art & clothing for working women, is that a first? It turned out really well! I love the flow throughout the show, the colors, the prints, how it starts out with white/cream and ends with tribal graphic dresses. Nice styling.

^thanks for the link
I've just checked their f/w 07-08 collection, also nice, some brilliant ideas there... as you've said will be really interesting to see what will follow

Oh, I like this - Thanks for posting Perle
What a nice surprise.. :flower:

very interesting...
it almost has a calvin klein vibe to it...
with a bit more 'oomph'...

thanks iperchlen

The tribal pieces are very strong and provocative w/o being deliberate. I also love the trousers in the 2nd picture from post 4.

Thanks, iperlchen!

the accessories are better than the clothes....
that's a problem...
:ermm:...

Just noticed this at style, very pretty.

the accessories are better than the clothes....
that's a problem...
:ermm:...

I was about to make a note about the accessories as well; they're really the only part of an outfit that stands out here. That's not truly a problem considering you can always pair their plain dress with a loud, colorful coat, but on the runway the clothes only end up looking bland.

I was about to make a note about the accessories as well; they're really the only part of an outfit that stands out here. That's not truly a problem considering you can always pair their plain dress with a loud, colorful coat, but on the runway the clothes only end up looking bland.
it IS a problem for the very reason you yourself stated...
on the runway the clothes only end up looking bland.

that is called BAD styling....
if the accessories - or anything else (hair, make up- whatever)- takes attention away from the clothes that you are supposed to be showcasing...
it can never be good thing....

:flower:

^ The same must be said for the staging - if the surroundings are more interesting or eye-catching than the collection, it is a disaster.

Oh, and I agree about the accessories in this line - those huge earrings made me stare! :glare: At least the hairstyles are subdued.

Last edited by a moderator:
I adore this... it was one of the few shows that actually caught my attention. Not a big fan of NYFW I guess! :ermm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->