Ohne Titel S/S 10 New York

Gorgeous collection, I love how the clothes fall on the body so effortlessly.

although it seems inevitable that so futuristic a collection will have evident references to big parisian names like ghesquiere or rick owens, some of this looks pretty fresh.
i'm not a fan of some of the most colourful looks, but the black and white ensembles and the very last pieces with touches of feathers are very beautifully executed. it doesnt look too trendy, it's not try-hard, it's very new york in a good way.
if only it showed a little more flesh... a little more obviously sexy

It's looking really nice towards the end, when they pick up on the monochrome neutrals they started working with last season and the focus of their pieces is more on texture than colour (I wouldn't have minded if they did complete red or sky blue outfits, though). All in all a less obvious body-con approch, I'm glad they moved on to this slightly more loose, draped silhouette.

That loose Russian constructivist section towards the beginning and especially the first outfit visually disturb me however, also from far distance, it seems as if the multicoloured version of those textured knits would evoke Rodarte's cobweb-y pieces from a few seasons ago. I also agree with the sentiments that it's maybe a bit too covered up for a spring collection, it looks way better in the lighter pieces than in the more layered ones.

Other than that, the shoes are looking extremely interesting upon first glance - The fact that they don't appear to be as obviously sky high as most designers would opt for is refreshing and adds a nice, grounded touch to the outfits.

simply magnificent. i love how these ensembles are made for the bodies of real women. also, great leggings.

Not the most original collection, but it is done so very well I'd grab a few pieces for myself.

Lovely neutral colours, and again some great draping pieces. I love the textures used and it all seems so wearable...I would definitely love a few of the tops!

One of my favorite collections so far -- classy, but still young, and wearable. Gorgeous.

The body-con looks are totally unnecessary, they really date the collection drastically...
The loose silhouettes are great... the perfect balance of color, texture, and proportion...
I am not too crazy about the print employed here either...
Last 4 looks in post 18 are just so strong... if only they'd gone with that approach entirely...

I'll have anything after Look 8! Great collection to pump up NYFW.

This makes NYFW a lil less dull....I enjoy the monochromatic looks, the black and white with feathers. A very uneven collection, I'm not feeling the first segment, the color blocking pieces, look Preen to me, but the rest are really strong, the jackets are fantastic, esp the grey one with lapped over lapel :wub: and the white draped/wrapped pieces

^^ Lots of dead links there, maybe you can replace them?

Anyway, I really love this. This brand has been evolving and developing so rapidly these past few seasons, it's amazing. And developing in a great way. It all looks very refined, the structure on those first few pieces is fantastic. Love it.

This collection has everything you could need. That closing look on Iris is wonderful.

I love the first look with the pants a lot. I have never heard of them are they relatively new?

even with the first colorful looks, this ended up being high on my top five new york collections!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->