Oily Skin, Shine Control

tooprettyinpink said:
is there anything less expensive than that la mer lotion ^ that works just as well?

I've had good luck with Erno Laszlo's Antioxidant Mattifying Complex. I don't think it works as well as La Mer, but it's still great. I have also heard good things about Kiehl's Blue Herbal Moisturizer but I haven't tried it myself.

Eurasian Mélange said:
This La Mer thing sounds like just the product I need. :smile: Do you know where it is available in Canada?

At the moment I am using Biore oil absorbing sheets, but they are a bit rough and they have powder on them so it can clog your pores. I was using Clinique in England, but it is very expensive and I haven't seen their oil absorbing sheets anywhere. As for Clean & Clear; I have been searching for that everywhere and cannot find it. I've looked in Zellers, Loblaws and several Shopper's Drug Marts. Is it just not available in Canada? I have also seen a bunch of oil absorbing sheets in the Body Shop, but the ones I saw also come with powder on, so I'm not sure if it is a good idea to buy those.

What are the Clean & Clear sheets like? Are they soft and floppy or are they like rough pieces of thin paper? The Clinique sheets were very soft and floppy and I could wipe my face without irritating the skin, but the Biore ones are quite rough (and I guess the powder doesn't help, either).

You can buy La Mer online or check their store locater: http://www.cremedelamer.com/templates/door/results_intl.tmpl?COUNTRY=Canada&CITY=

The Clean & Clear sheets don't have any powder, and almost feel like soft, floppy, plastic. They feel just like the MAC blotting sheets.

The Body Shop have three different kinds of oil blotting sheets: normal (w/powder), lavender for sensitive skin (w/powder) and tea tree oil (no powder). I use the tea tree oil sheets because they have no powder (therefore no residue). I only wish they were a little bigger or that the box carried more (60 sheets each box), I use three a day because the weather around here is really hot already...

there's this gel\cream- im not really sure what texture it is :D- but it's called T-zone mattness, from Clinique, it's superb, under or on over the make-up ithas a cooling effect besides the mattness factor, so it's a summer essential :wink:

Hipkitten - Their store locator doesn't seem to work. I entered the address and it came up with five stores all on the street I had listed as my address. I tested it with a few other random streets and it seems like it just places dots randomly along whatever street you enter. According to that site there should be a store right across the road from me and unless you can buy La Mer products in Greek restaurants, that site doesn't work. :lol: Thanks for helping out, though. :smile:

These Clean & Clear sheets sound just like the expensive Clinique ones I used in England. I know that Clean & Clear products are some of the cheapest out there, so I'd prefer to use those. Do you know whether I can order this online? I haven't seen Clean & Clear Oil Blotting Sheets in any store I've been to. They have their products, but haven't seen the sheets anywhere. :blink:

there's a japanese store called Muji, they do blotting sheets. they are cheap, much bigger than the body shop ones, soft and do the job very well.

there a few in london, but i'm not sure about the rest of the country or for that matter anywhere outside UK, sorry

I use Jurlique Rose Silk Powder to set my makeup and also prevent shine. i :heart: it!

Rose Silk Dust (8 grams)
shim.gif
Jurlique Silk Dusts is rich in specially selected herbal extracts and essential oils to reduce skin shine giving your face a radiant, fresh and fragrant matt finish. Also available in Lavender.
shim.gif
Cost AUD$22
2091.jpg

shim.gif

It really depends on the source of oil. I went through years of applying oil free products and bases in the hope of eradicating oil, using the lightest moisturiser possible before learning that my skin was becoming overoily to compensate for the dryness. I started to find that any beautician who assessed my skintype would immediately jump towards light but intensely moisturising makeup.
On the other end of the scale though, my friends with oily skin swear by Maybelline Shine Free mattifying liquid foundation. Its not great for people with yellow undertones in their skin (the makeup is a much more peachy blend in general), but for pale skin it's fantastic... and its so cheap!

?skin care routine for oliyskin,spots under and on skin surface

HIeveryone,
Am really struggling with my skin,it feels and looks horrible at times.i have oliy skin and i get spots,not just spot on the skin but also underneath my skin which look dreadfull wen the light shines on my face, i am now tryin neutrogena face wash and mask also the daily black head wash but it still doesnt seem to be doing anything for my skin also i do drink water. I would love to have a spot free face with a healthy glow but i dont know what am doing wrong? Any good skin care routines you use or have tried please let me know if they have worked because i would be happy to try it out too.
(Anyone have the same problem as my self)

cazza - I wouldn't know what to do to stop the oil, but I used to have spots like that until I started using Tea Tree Oil face wash from the Body Shop along with a spot cream called Quinoderm (from the UK). If Quinoderm isn't available at a chemist's where you are, just look for a product that contains benzoyl peroxide (active ingredient). Usually the lower percentages work better else you will dry out your skin or cause more spots. I have a 10% version and found that I had less spots when I used it less often. I used to apply it twice a day and it dried out my skin and didn't reduce my spots too much. Once I switched to using it once a day my skin no longer dried out and my spots decreased.

I have oily skin, and it annoys the hell outta me.

I'm using a product called "instant matification" from Bliss, it's REALLY REALLY GOOD. You can apply it under/over makeup (i do it under), and it keeps your skin from getting shiny ALL DAY LONG. I really recommend this product, and it's supposed to minimize your pores as well, although I can't vouch for how well that works since i haven't exactly been measuring my pores. But as far as matification goes, it's GREAT. i've been through like 3 tubes, still buying it, and i have nightmares that they will discontinue this product. haha!

As far as blotting tissues go, i heard that the more you use it, the oilier your skin is going to get, because you've stripped your skin of its natural oils, and then your skin has to work double time to produce more oil.
So i try to steer clear.

By the way, instead of blotting tissues, which either REALLY dry out your skin, or doesn't really get the job done, i like to use regular tissue paper...the cheaper kind the better. gets the job done and you don't have to go thru 3 blotting tissues. it might look prettier to use a blotting tissue tho, but then i don't usually blot in public anyway.

I can't use a lot of what's suggested here.. A lot of advice for foundations , pre-makeup.. I don't use makeup, so...

Someone said it is because your face wash is too drying that your face becomes oily to bring back the moisture to your face ?? So an oil wash is good I guess?
I am noticing how quick my face gets oily even after washing
and I am using a light product.. like cetaphil.. It is by Jason-C with an orange smell
Face still behaves the same though

aloe vera gel~shrinks pores, gives moisture, calms & smooths skin, reduces redness, is all natural, mix it with foundation for a tinted moisturiser thats oil free :smile: TRRRYYY IITTT!!!:D:Dworks a treat.♥

This La Mer thing sounds like just the product I need. :smile: Do you know where it is available in Canada?

At the moment I am using Biore oil absorbing sheets, but they are a bit rough and they have powder on them so it can clog your pores. I was using Clinique in England, but it is very expensive and I haven't seen their oil absorbing sheets anywhere. As for Clean & Clear; I have been searching for that everywhere and cannot find it. I've looked in Zellers, Loblaws and several Shopper's Drug Marts. Is it just not available in Canada? I have also seen a bunch of oil absorbing sheets in the Body Shop, but the ones I saw also come with powder on, so I'm not sure if it is a good idea to buy those.

What are the Clean & Clear sheets like? Are they soft and floppy or are they like rough pieces of thin paper? The Clinique sheets were very soft and floppy and I could wipe my face without irritating the skin, but the Biore ones are quite rough (and I guess the powder doesn't help, either).

You can get tea tree oil blotting tissue from the bodyshop too, just ask for them, hope that helps

I have very VERY oily skin.
Luckily it doesn't give me a lot of blackheads, but I do get quite a few pimples, I just really hate that oily shiny look, and the feel of my skin during the day.
The best thing I've found so far is Dermalogica Oil Control Lotion.
It immediately gets rid of the oil. However I only wish the effects would last a bit longer, 'cause by the time I get home in the arvo after a full day at school or something my skin still feels and looks oily.
Another problem is that it's SO good at getting rid of the oil it means that ur face becomes completely incapable of absorbing makeup (especially when it comes to powder). I often use a little bit of mineral makeup to cover up spots for special occasions or something so I've found it a little annoying in that sense.
Although it does have Salicylic Acid in it, so it helps dry out spots without drying out your skin generally.

how long is a full day at school ? ^ 8 hours?

hmm long enough for me
i'll see if i can try it out
i hope it doesn't clog pores ..
my skin has to be clear at work since there are gases,etc. and who knows what will happen if i have lotion on my face lol..

^^ That's what's so good about it.
The lotion absorbs into your skin in about 20 seconds, and from then on it feels like you've got nothing on at all!
When I don't have it on my pores actually feel more cloggy because of natural oil production then when I do have it on! But that's 'cause I've got very oily skin.

Here are so products that have worked for me.

Darphin Mattifying Skin Line (cleanser, toner, moisturizer, matte oil)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->