Oily Skin, Shine Control

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by lepeep, Jun 28, 2003.

1. lepeep

lepeep New Member

I really really need recommendations for foundation and shine control treatment. I used to use Clinique Superfit and it worked great even in humidity, but I think they have chenged their formula.

2. ShadeOfRed

ShadeOfRed New Member

For shine control, get your hand on Clear and Clear OIl Absorbing sheets. They work quite well and leave no residual powder or film on your face.

3. Caramel Candy

Caramel Candy New Member

I like the Shiseido blotting papers better. They're a bit larger and they don't have powder on it, but it really absorbs oil.

4. tgp

tgp New Member

Lancome makes a products called T Controle that I use under foundation. I like that paired with blotting sheets or MAC Blot Powder.

5. Lush

Lush New Member

the BEST BEST BEST foundation for oily skin that i've found is clinique city base oil-free POWDER foundation. be sure you get the powder b/c there is also a city base CREAM foundation. the powder is much better! i was a little dubious at first b/c i didn't think a powder foundation would provide enough coverage. it does though! it's a heavy powder. goes on like a dream and my skin feels great all day long. usually, with liquid or cream-based foundations, my skin would feel oily by mid-day. i really think you'll like it. :mrgreen:

6. AndiMAC

AndiMAC New Member

I second that Lush...I love the city base foundation...I make sure I use a mattyifer lotion underneath first tho to slow down the oils...

7. Lush

Lush New Member

i'm not familair AndiMAC. what do you use?

8. sweethoneypie

sweethoneypie New Member

a mattifier like shiseido's

9. cat

cat New Member

i just recently bought a shine control lotion from make up for ever in their paris store...its called stop shining shine corrector. it works pretty well for me. and i think it was just $11 euro.

edited to add: as for foundation, i really like the oil free mat velvet liquid foundation i got at the same time at make up for ever. my skin has never looked better!

10. lele

lele New Member

milk of magnesia sounds strange - I read it somewhere, maybe here but would try anything for a shine free face it goes on like water, no smell and has kept me oil and shine free longer than anything else I have tried and SUPER CHEAP!

11. Couture_Whore

Couture_Whore New Member

I use Johnson & Johnson "Clean & Clear" mosturizing mattifying lotion. It works wonders! I have combo skin(oily and dry) and I use the lotion before applying my blush ( i don't use powder or foundation). Then all day and night my face is completly matte! The places where i have dry skin is mosturized w/out feeling greasy and the places that are oily are matte.It even evens out skin tone and makes skin look flawless right after first use. I have tried 100s of products and this is the only one that worked! For only $8.00!

12. buttermilk

buttermilk New Member

Clean & Clear oil blotters when my face gets oily during daytime/nightime. i always keep my MAC blot powder handy (for retouch)

#12 buttermilk, Jan 16, 2005
    Last edited by moderator passthepep: Jan 16, 2005
  13. Becky_da_da_da

Becky_da_da_da New Member

If I ever get an attack of oily skin, I use translucent powder - it really does work wonders :)

14. angelanna

angelanna edge of love

matt powder works wonders!

15. Kimkhuu

Kimkhuu New Member

Oil blot papers are the number one thing on my list for oily face issues. And they work.

16. Regina

Regina New Member

That's so correct!! I heard this in a beauty program in tv, I tryied and it's wonderful!!

17. Orchidlady

Orchidlady New Member

Clean and Clear blotting papers are the best!!! I also love Estee Lauder Clear Difference and Idealist lotions. I've battled oily skin for YEARS, and these products are the first that I've found that really work :)

18. star

star New Member

i live in toronto, and i dont know where to look for any shine absorbing sheets.

does anyone have an recommendations??

19. sbbbjm

sbbbjm New Member

i've been using plain old witch hazel after i wash my face as a toner and i've noticed my face isn't nearly as oily as it used to be.

20. sashatheelf

sashatheelf New Member

walmart or any dugstores should have them.