Oily Skin, Shine Control

I found Nivea's Young Control it! cream gel very helpful for my shiny skin. I don't have to worry about shiny skin anymore.

Clinique's Pore Minimizer that was recommended by someone in this thead really works wonders for me too, it beats Lancome's shine control range any time :wink: !

The best oil control i've found is Philosophy "Clear Powder".

The consistency is perfect, thin but not too watery.
I dot it on to a make-up sponge and lightly dab over my foundation on the areas that tend to get oily. It doesnt take any of your make-up off and leaves you with smooth shiny skin that doesn't feel tight or dry.

I recently changed to Clinique's new Pore Minimiser "T-zone Shine Control" but it just doesn't come close, I didn't like the powdery residue it left on my face and thought it dulled my make-up slightly, too powdery and un-natural looking.

I'l definatley be changing back to philosophy!

I have oily skin and for makeup I use Chanel foundation and powder--Double Perfection Creme Poudre and powder-Purete Mat.

Is it possible to buy Shiseido in the UK? I've read so many positive comments on it, I'd like to give it a try:blush:

^Of course it is! Department stores like Selfridges, House of Frasers and Debenhams will carry Shiseido. I have the mattifying stick and pore minimiser. Works a treat.

Grand:P Thanks a lot. Do they do like an oil-free moisturiser that controls shine and oil at the same or am I just being too hopeful now?:lol:

Yup...the pureness line from Shiseido is all about shine control. They have this moisturising essence which is really light and non-oily.

Thankyou for that :D Lol, I'm really not with it. And can you get Cetaphil in the UK too?

I use Clinique pore minimizer t-zone shine control in my t-zone. It works wonderfully :smile:

Cetaphil is an American product and I'm not sure they sell it in the UK. I'm sure you can buy it online tho.

I use clinique pore minimizer as well and i luv it!
you can only get cetaphil in " garden pharmarcy", convent garden!

BBgIZzZMo said:
you can only get cetaphil in " garden pharmarcy", convent garden!

noooo:shock: that's like the English equivalent of being half a continent away! How about France, going to paris soon, yaayB)

it sounds like you have oily skin, if you are after a foundation that doesnt give shine and stays on all day try a matte type of foundation also you should consider what type of concealer/powder your are using, if any

Thankyou for those tips Fashion Addict :smile: What foundation/concealer/powder/cleanser would you recommend? And is it possible to achieve a "dewy" look even when you have oily skin?

Of course oily skin is never a big problem (unless it's pretty bad) it's just how you take it. if you just use foundation anyone's skin will have a oily finish always remember to put a powder on, a powder is like a finish, it keeps it all set (which will help throught the day) i'm not the one to recomend because i think its also the person applying the make up rather than the make up your using(unless it's cheap rip offs they are of no quality). But at the moment i am using a Savy foundation and a Australia's powder (loving them both)
I have just completed a make up course at Tafe for school (in yr 12) toped the class(he he) have learnt alot. good luck
p.s remember your style of foundation there is heaps but to supress oily skin use a matte type

hello, i have a problem : my skin is oily, i use a good cream which mattify my skin. so i don't shine anymore but when i touch my face i still feel it's oily. is there another solution than absorbing sheets? Thanks for your help girls! i hope my english is comprehensible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->