Old Navy getting revamped?

the quality and the prices are what make the difference. for example, br and gap both sell wool and cashmere in the winter time. but the difference between gap and br's cashmere and wool sweaters is the cuts, (br has the better cuts, fitted, etc.!) and the fact that br uses 100% merino wool and/or cashmere, and gap uses a cashmere and/or wool blend.
And even old navy has cashmere. lmao.

^ old navy has had cashmere, i think, ONCE in the past six years. while br always has cashmere, and gap sometimes will put out a cashmere blend sweater at about $98!

^ old navy has had cashmere, i think, ONCE in the past six years. while br always has cashmere, and gap sometimes will put out a cashmere blend sweater at about $98!
I worked there. We had them in 06 on promo for $30 and people went nuts for them. This past year they brought them back in even more styles.:D

^ yes, and before '06? old navy never carried cashmere. and old navy's cashmere isn't 100% like br's. it's a cashmere blend which isn't even comparable to gap's cashmere blend because at least gap's blend is durable. i know this for a fact and i'm not going to say why in a public forum, but trust me, old navy has carried cashmere once, at most two or three pieces. but anyhow, the point is that the difference between the three brands is the quality of their clothing and not so much the styles.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ yes, and before '06? old navy never carried cashmere. and old navy's cashmere isn't 100% like br's. it's a cashmere blend which isn't even comparable to gap's cashmere blend because at least gap's blend is durable. i know this for a fact and i'm not going to say why in a public forum, but trust me, old navy has carried cashmere once, at most two or three pieces. but anyhow, the point is that the difference between the three brands is the quality of their clothing and not so much the styles.
All 3 carry full blown cashmere. With each having a blended version as well accordingly old navy's blend was 92 cotton 8 cashmere. and the difference is between quality not style. :flower:

All 3 carry full blown cashmere. With each having a blended version as well accordingly old navy's blend was 92 cotton 8 cashmere. and the difference is between quality not style. :flower:

you call something made out of 92% cotton and 8% cashmere a cashmere sweater?... full blown cashmere is 100% cashmere, not 8%.

no. i said they all had full blown meaning as you said 100 percent cashmere as well as blends. br and gap had 85 15 blends while old navy had the 92 8 alluding to the difference in quality you stated earlier.

br carries 100% cashmere as well as 100% merino wool. gap carries blends high in cashmere, although this spring they have a stripped cashmere sweater in quite a few colors at a price point of $98, and it is 100% cashmere. old navy has had, at most, three pieces within the last six years with about 8% - 15% cashmere at most. my only point was that old navy's quality is not comparable to gap, and gap's isn't comparable to banana republic. all three brands have a noticeable difference in their quality and cuts, and not so much the styles because of the big changes in designers that have taken place within the last year or so. designers and design team members have been swapped between all three brands this year. the only designer that left for good was deborah lloyd of banana republic, who left to kate spade and has been missed, (in my opinion, because i always adored all of what she did for the br brand.)

i'm telling you they had one hundred percent cashmere for men and women in more than one style but don't believe someone who worked the salesfloor there the last two holidays, which is the only time they have the 100 percent blend. but ok ok i'm gonna bury the hatchet.

... and old navy has never carried 100% cashmere. and there is no such thing as a 100% blend. if it's a blend, it's not 100% cashmere. that's my point. :flower:

you do merchandising or something like that. correct? there's even a commercial for it. unless corporate was lying to the world.

Revel in the luxury of 100% cashmere from Old Navy, starting at $69.50. Shop styles for men, women, women's plus, and maternity. If you're an Old Navy charge card holder, you're in luck. Pay with your card to save 20% on total purchases. Offer ends 11/08/2007.
www.bargainist.com/deals/stores/old-navy/

^ there is a commercial in which they announced having luxe cashmere blends, something like that. but you are missing my point.

cashmere blend = not 100% cashmere. in other words, a cashmere blend can not be 100% cashmere and you yourself said that...

old navy's blend was 92 cotton 8 cashmere

so how can you now say that they carried 100% cashmere? or say that they carried a 100% cashmere blend when a cashmere blend is not 100% cashmere, hence the word blend?

^ those links sadly enough don't say much. they say "100% cashmere," when the commercials clearly said "blends," and the joker-tags prove that as well with their "10% cashmere, 65% cotton, 25% nylon," crap. that word makes all the difference, and i think that's what you're not understanding, but so be it. everyone knows that 100% cashmere could never and will never be sold under a good $80, at least. :(

anyhow, what we do agree on is the fact that the difference between the brands is the quality of the clothing.

I'm going to let it go. Lol.
And we do agree on that. *shakes hand*

All I know is I hope the brands get into the black again cause I love them all.

^ honestly, i've seen a few upcoming collections and i think they are going to improve, but it's going to take time. gap, for instance, has lost it's cool factor which is a shame. i remember when gap was the cool and trendy place to shop. celebrities used to shop at the gap for their basics, even. but now, stores such as a&f and such have taken over that cool factor. but with time and patience and corporate's persistence, i think that gap can return to what it was, and that will help old navy restore itself, too. banana republic, on the other hand, just needs to follow the mindset that deborah lloyd established at br.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionforever999
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->