Reaction score

@elitemodellooknigeria

height: 181cm/5'11"
agency: Beth Models (Nigeria)
instagram: @olivia.edomonu

zumi.ng

INTRODUCING OLIVIA FROM NIGERIA
NATIONAL WINNERS 2018 • July 27
Congratulations to Olivia, who has won Elite Model Look Nigeria 2018. Before she heads to the World Final later this year, get to know Olivia and what makes her tick, from her favorite music artist, to her biggest personal challenge, to the values she believes Nigeria can teach the world.

27324.jpg

OLIVIA EDOMUNU

Star sign: Taurus

Height: 181cm

Follow me: @olivia.edomonu

27350.jpg

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE A WINNER OF ELITE MODEL LOOK NIGERIA 2018?
Winning Elite Model Look Nigeria 2018 was amazing. I was super excited because I was very nervous during the casting process. I had heard a lot about big a deal Elite Model Look is and how it doesn’t give room for being mediocre! Winning was beyond my wildest imagination.

27326.jpg

TELL US HOW YOU HEARD ABOUT ELITE MODEL LOOK?
I heard of the Elite Contest on Instagram because I had been following the Elite Model Look Nigeria page and I saw the online flyer, and I applied online. I never ever thought I would win even though I had been preparing so, so hard! Mayowa, Victor and Davidson all came from Elite Model Look Nigeria - seeing these people do so well in the last few years has been so joyful, and made me hopeful, too. Joining the list of winners is a dream come true. I always saw them thrive and thought "if Mayowa and David and Victor can go this far, then I can too!"

27327.jpg

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A MODEL?
I always liked the energy of Naomi Campbell or Alessandra Ambrosio, they seem like women who can command the attention of a room as soon as they walk in. I have looked up to them since I was about 12. They influenced me, and so I want to be able to have that power. That power to influence other young girls around the world. Not just to influence them but to influence them in the right direction!

27328.jpg

WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE MODEL AND WHY?
I will definitely say Mayowa Nicholas because I can tell that she's determined and super hardworking. I literally watch her on Instagram and feel like her successes are mine, because she is a Nigerian like me. She has come such a long way since when she won in 2014, and I feel like I think she must have felt when she first started!

27329.jpg

AT ELITE MODEL LOOK WE SAY: “YOUR DIFFERENCES MAKE OUR WORLD”. WHAT MAKES YOU DIFFERENT?
It's not a secret that I stammer. I stammer literally in every sentence! I've never really seen any other model with that speech defect. I used to feel insecure about it as a lot of people were impatient with me while I spoke. In fact, I didn't even think I could become a model but I overcame that and decided to live my dream and push as hard as I can. I hope some other young boy or girl with the same issue sees me and is inspired to live their dreams.

27330.jpg

APART FROM MODELLING, WHAT IS YOUR PASSION? TELL US ABOUT IT!
Dancing. Dancing. Dancing. Oh my God! I really love to dance. In secondary school, I performed a lot. I have loved dance since I was little, because when I'm dancing I forget all of my worries and I can literally just be at peace. I was also a really good dancer at other kids’ birthday parties because I never had my own!

27331.jpg

WHO INSPIRES YOU TO SUCCEED?
My mom inspires me to succeed. She and my dad have struggled to send me to the best schools, offer me a comfortable life and support my interests and my dreams.

27332.jpg

WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE…
Song: It depends on my mood, but I love Scars to your Beautiful by Alessia Cara, it really puts me in an amazing mood so I'll pick that any day. I love the lyrics: "cover girls don't cry after their face is made".

Artist: Rihanna. For me, she makes the best music and sings from her heart.

Instrument: I think that the violin is so beautiful, I'd love to play that. I have a thing for Opera!

Future vacation destination: Paris. It's the centre of Haute Couture. I love fashion and so being in Paris would be euphoric!

27333.jpg

WHAT DOES HAPPINESS MEAN TO YOU?
Happiness is everything. I think it comes from contentment. We build contentment from our definition of success. There isn't a standard for success like most people think. It's not measured by money but it's relative. Success is dependent on an individual's goals . If success to me is inspiring others. When I inspire others whether I make money from it or not, I'm content and therefore happy. It's important for people to define what success means to them so that they can celebrate their differences and find happiness.

27334.jpg

TELL US ABOUT NIGERIA – WHAT IS IT FAMOUS FOR?
Nigeria is a highly populated country filled with natural resources and tourist attractions. Nigeria is well-known for the diverse culture, languages and delicious meals! Nigeria is so rich in culture that I'm so amazed every time I meet someone from a tribe I've never heard about. I recently just met someone from the Ngas tribe in Plateau State. I never knew it existed!

27335.jpg

IF YOU HAD TO CHOOSE ONE OBJECT THAT REPRESENTS NIGERIA, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
I think it would be a Rubik's Cube will be perfect because it has so many beautiful colors and that's how beautiful Nigeria is with all its heritage and culture and people. We're all so different. We have over 250 ethnic groups are just too beautiful living together! I am most proud of our ethos. We are taught to have respect for others, especially elders, and to attribute value to ourselves.

27336.jpg

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT GOING TO THE ELITE MODEL LOOK WORLD FINAL?
I feel really honoured to be able to represent Nigeria. The previous Winners have left very big shoes for me and I'm hoping to fill them and carry on the legacy! I look forward to meeting people from other countries and getting to know them and how they think. And I'm looking forward to being on an aircraft for the first time ever! But most importantly, I'm super hopeful to win. If I could take someone, I would take my sister, Geraldine. She has been of great help taking me to castings and taking care of me so I would definitely take her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muggins1265
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"