Olivia Jansing

Meet the Breakout Hometown Hero Who Just Walked Alexander Wang and Public School
SEPTEMBER 13, 2015 8:37 PM
by JANELLE OKWODU

While its design talent is often homegrown, New York Fashion Week tends to import its models from around the globe. But this season, one of the week’s fastest-rising stars is a native New Yorker: Olivia Jansing. The Long Island–born Jansing has spent most of her life in Manhattan, and now in her first season, her career has picked up to the pace synonymous with the city—fast. With turns at Alexander Wang and Public School all in the course of 24 hours, it’s clear that Jansing is on a roll. “It’s been so busy, but I’d much rather be busy than sitting at home on the computer watching Netflix!” says the model.

Handling the transition from high schooler to runway-walker with grace, Jansing has struck a chord with designers who prefer their muses cool and composed. “Modeling wasn’t really a career path that I considered,” she says, “I was focused on my studies and sports but once the opportunity came along I just went for it.” Jansing attributes her drive to her time as an active student athlete, where she learned about staying focused and healthy—skills that are becoming increasingly key during her debut season. “I’m not a fan of being lackadaisical,” says Jansing, “the energy [of NYFW] is great and I’ve already met some amazing people.” When she isn’t making a name for herself on the catwalk, Jansing can be found indulging in her favorite hobby—surfing. “I like to get out as much as I can,” says Jansing, “surfing is my passion—I don’t compete anymore, but some of my fondest memories are on the water.”

Being a New York native has come in handy, too. Jansing frequently updates her Instagram with trips to local haunts like The Upsider and Butcher’s Daughter, where she indulges her foodie side. Getting to start in her hometown also holds special significance for a girl who loves New York so much. “There are so many different cultures and people here in New York, it’s a special city,” she says, “I’m always on the lookout for new restaurants, new places to go—sometimes even just to take a walk around the city and exploring can be such a rewarding experience.” Judging by her impressive first few NYFW moments, we’re sure Jansing has many more rewarding walks in her future.
http://www.vogue.com/13335547/surfer-turned-model-olivia-jansing-alexander-wang/

Also her instagram: https://instagram.com/oliviajansing/

Francesco Scognamiglio S/S 2016 Milan

No.21 backstage.

vogue/livingly

More
[FONT=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif] N°21 S/S 2016-Milan [/FONT]

livingly

She's doing well from beginning of the fashion month till now,glad to see her all month long,hope she does well at Paris,she fits there so much.

Giamba S/S 2016 Milan

Sportmax S/S 2016 Milan

vogue

Last edited by a moderator:
[FONT=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif] Anthony Vaccarello S/S 2016-Paris

[/FONT]

Marni S/S 2016-Milan

Roberto Cavalli S/S 2016-Milan

vogue

Dries van Noten S/S 2016 Paris

Chloe S/S 2016 Paris

vogue

Alexander Wang ss16 - New York HQs

vogue & livingly

Esteban Cortazar S/S 2016 Paris

vogue/models

Versace S/S 2016 Milan

Salvatore Ferragamo S/S 2016 Milan

Missoni S/S 2016 Milan

vogue

She is stunning. Her face is perfection! I love her wide set eyes, her killer cheekbones! And I love her broad shoulders...fantastic....and it looks like she's got a real attractive confidence and ease on the runway.

Best new girl, by far.

she is really recognisable, i like that! i wasn't too sold on her at first but now the season's over i hope she will do well next season, i'm a fan :D

OLIVIA JANSING
SS16 TOTAL:
O: | C: 1

New York:
Alexander Wang
BCBG Max Azria
Calvin Klein Collection
Gabriela Cadena
Narciso Rodriguez
Prabal Gurung
Public School
Rag & Bone