Olivia Palermo

It seems like Kelly, Whit, and Erin all gang up on Olivia. Poor girl! But you have to admit, Whit's collection is pretty bad. :/ Yuk.

Well I like some of Witney's outfits from her collection.

I don't care how they showed Liv on trailer. Her fans know that she is lovely and nice and that The city isn't real life

About the trailer... I think Olivia is only speaking the truth. Whitney's collection was inconsistent. It was horrible. (There are photos of it in her thread) Who cares if MTV likes portraying her as a cold-hearted b*tch... She's always gonna be the star of the show.

ROBERTA FREYMANN & OLIVIA PALERMO Celebrate The Launch of Their Collabrative Necklace Collection (03/24/10)

newscom

I think people are caught up with Olivia's beauty and great style and want to be blind to her faults. While certain aspects of the City are staged like the jobs and location shoots, everyone on the show --even Olivia -- has said there is no script so the things they do and say are of their own accord. Her true personality is on display on The City- she is quite entitled,lazy and rude for the most part. It is naive to think that Olivia's behavior with writers during appearances and magazine interviews-- where celebrities are typically on their best behavior-- is more representative of Olivia than her actual behavior on television.

None of that negates that Olivia is very beautiful and has a much better clue about fashion than Whitney. She is certainly more entertaining on the City than Whitney.

I think statement necklaces are very last season. She should have released her line last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
^i think that Olivia has been "casted" as the bitchy one..and this is how her caracther is supposed to act/talk..ecc...she has been introduced like a "villain" since the first episode and that's her role in "The City"
^^now i seriously want/need one of those necklaces...:bounce:

^None of her "coworkers" has anything positive to say about her on or off the show and Olivia is not an actress. That speaks volumes. She certainly has two faces-- one for the press and one for everyone else. Thank God she's on The City because she's the only interesting part of the show. I feel like I'm getting a first hand glimpse at how unqualified, incompetent trust-fund socialites manage to rise through the ranks in the fashion world.

Her last outfit has a bit too much going on. The sequined blazer+patterned dress+ statement necklace is way too much.

with this jacket and the dress together too much is going on. i love that jacket so much though.

Woah! There is a lot going on in that outfit, I think she should have lost the Topshop jacket, its a little random. The dress and necklace combo look so good together though! :woot:

Woah! There is a lot going on in that outfit, I think she should have lost the Topshop jacket, its a little random. The dress and necklace combo look so good together though! :woot:

I completely agree--- the jacket does seem like a little too much and the necklace and dress go so well together! I hope there will be some non watermarked images of this look. I saw that jacket when i was in nyc last fall and i didn't end up getting it. partly cause of the $400+ dollar price tag but i kind of regret it to this day...the beading on it is fantastic in person (if you can even say that about a Topshop piece) and the jacket is sooo heavy because of the bead work. It drapes impeccably too, as we can see on Olivia. Anyways it's gorgeous and i wish it was in my closet ^_^

Also completely coveting one of her necklaces. they are gorgeous. all of them. I have a pretty good replica of these styles that i got from F21 a few months ago. but the quality is lacking (obviously) so im half expecting the beads to all fall out some day soon which is why i'd love a better quality piece like one of these olivia-freymann pieces.

I think people are caught up with Olivia's beauty and great style and want to be blind to her faults. While certain aspects of the City are staged like the jobs and location shoots, everyone on the show --even Olivia -- has said there is no script so the things they do and say are of their own accord. Her true personality is on display on The City- she is quite entitled,lazy and rude for the most part. It is naive to think that Olivia's behavior with writers during appearances and magazine interviews-- where celebrities are typically on their best behavior-- is more representative of Olivia than her actual behavior on television.

None of that negates that Olivia is very beautiful and has a much better clue about fashion than Whitney. She is certainly more entertaining on the City than Whitney.

I think statement necklaces are very last season. She should have released her line last year.

:flower::wub:

Bravo! I have been saying this for a long time in this thread, but no one wants to listen! Well said.

That outfit is just ridic! I am so close to being out of love with her style. It used to be so classic yet chic. She is now an official fashion victim-- or maybe I should say fashion criminal! :ninja:

NOOO! That last outfit is too much! I'm so disappointed because I love all of the pieces on their own. I hope she wears that dress on its own in the future because it's fun and young. I do love her necklaces. I'm always wary of celeb collabs but this turned out so nicely and I love that the pieces really reflect her own taste.

I think people are caught up with Olivia's beauty and great style and want to be blind to her faults. While certain aspects of the City are staged like the jobs and location shoots, everyone on the show --even Olivia -- has said there is no script so the things they do and say are of their own accord. Her true personality is on display on The City- she is quite entitled,lazy and rude for the most part. It is naive to think that Olivia's behavior with writers during appearances and magazine interviews-- where celebrities are typically on their best behavior-- is more representative of Olivia than her actual behavior on television

Don't you think that if someone was smart enough to be nice to the press, they would also know to play nice on TV? TV shows, magazine articles, event interviews... It's all media. None of them are really genuine.

Olivia obviously does not mind that she is casted as the b*tch on the show because she signed on for season 2.

^Who wouldn't? She's getting paid as much as a dermatologist doing a thousand times less the work... :ninja:

Waaaay to much happening here with this outfit. Her face and hair are still gorgeous though ^_^

when we said we hoped olivia would inject some color into her outfits i didn't quite expect THIS. the dress is pretty enough as a stand-alone piece so she really didn't need to gild the lily and throw on that topshop jacket. 2010 hasn't been a good year for olivia style wise, eh?

The dress would be look so perfect on her but without the jacket. That´s too much of colors and prints in one outfit.

I think she carries off this outfit with ease. I love the Topshop jacket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickane
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->