Olivier Theyskens For Rochas S. S. 04 Paris

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
:shock: I can see the Rochas connection (old fashioned lace in b&w) but i think sweet Olivier Theyskens is getting dazed & confused..

quite a dissapointment for his second season at the house oh Rochas :(

a first taste :flower:

:blush: a picture of :heart: Olivier

works as antidote to the Rochas :wacko: collection

too much lace, lena. i can't wait to see the rest though. i can't make a judgement yet. but... these are a little too much for my tastes. :cry: i am not liking the black lace jubilee. :shock: or the cut out bustier tops...

maybe the rest will be better???? i can see a glimmer of hope with the white dresses. :blush: i will try to be positive and look forward to seeing the rest.

I know! He is a pretty man,Kelsey :lol:

The collection,I don't think the way he looks will do any justice at this second attempt. Too much lace and bras going on. Like looking at a La Perla collection.

the bustier thing si a big wierd and off, i dout know AF did them to, but it worked better, the lace is to much, I dont liek teh sort of short jumpsuit kind of thing either, i doutn know its sort of intune with avant agrde of teh moment but its a bit off, it looks far to much like last season just a bit tartyer , i would have liekd tos ee a little mroe creativety and new ideas :wacko:

i love this :shock: oh and he is too beautiful. i liked last season much more but this isnt too bad,imo, it has this brassy synthetique antique feel .....it all looks itchy.

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Oct 8th, 2003 - 9:46 pm
i love this :shock: oh and he is too beautiful. i liked last season much more but this isnt too bad,imo, it has this brassy synthetique antique feel .....it all looks itchy.
Same here, Lo. I loved it - the colors, the cuts, the fabrics, everything. :heart: Having said that, of course they are pieces that I'm not too hot on, but I think Theyskens is going in a better direction than the previous designer (his name is escaping me.) I thought it was very romantic but at the same time very modern.

My favorites were the dresses :arrow:

100117209.jpg
100117207.jpg

100117206.jpg
100117208.jpg

:heart: this collection. gothic but very soft and modern around the edges. theyskens, true to form. :heart:

well.

i just viewed the entire line... and i have to say that i really do love some of these dresses.

just exquisite.

i knew that if i held off on my judgement until i saw everything, that i would be spoiled with great pieces. i loev being positive! :woot:

and i was right!

:heart: :heart: :heart:

popping in again... after a third viewing... i just love to look at this collection. i love the details. and i love the shoes!

i will have to say that it seems a little heavy for spring though. but it is so stunning, that i don't really care. :woot:

wow!
this collection is my #2 favorite of the season so far. overall, it is absolutely stunning. i can't say that about many collections. i usually pick and choose pieces that i like and dislike. but here... i pretty much love them all. and even ones i wasn't too fond of at a first glance, i am extremely attracted to now. this is a wonderfully tactile collection! i love love love the craftmanship and the peach, white and black palette. my #1 is still the Oscar de la Renta [and oscar gets #1 because it is a little more wearable... but tactile like the Rochas]

:heart: :heart: :heart:

:blink: well, i just had a look at the complete collection of Rochas at Style.com and no, this is not a good collection imo. (when I posted the pictures here, i had access to just a few stills)
I find this shapeless, repeating and stiff.
Also i found style's review quite off and mucho hyped, Theyskens is able for better than that .

I, too, took the slideshow at Style and this collection is really quite dissapointing. :doh:

The problem was the pieces look so dated. :( He should have avoided using too much lace and using silhouettes from last season, thus, making the collection look dated.

Another thing I noticed it was lazy. Majority of the silhouettes were so simple and he just added lace to them, such as the tank tops with mini skirts and the bustier/strapless cocktail dresses.

I was expecting so much from this.. well 'till next season. And the last designer's name was Peter O'Brien. :flower:

i haven't seen all the pics but the last dress Astrid posted is worth every outdated outfit he might have presented. it's beyond perfect :heart:

:woot: Abril, i've missed you, where have you been, nice to see you again :flower:

i could really take it or leave it. The dresses are great, i love their shape. beautiful. but the rest. ehhhh.

Originally posted by Abril@Oct 9th, 2003 - 12:13 pm
i haven't seen all the pics but the last dress Astrid posted is worth every outdated outfit he might have presented. it's beyond perfect :heart:
Abril! :flower: :heart:

Details :arrow:

:heart: the shoes, much more practical than last season.

00010f.jpg
00270f.jpg

00390f.jpg
00410f.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"