On Aura Tout Vu Haute Couture F/W 09.10 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by papa_levante, Jul 8, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. papa_levante

papa_levante oh! darling

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    gettyimages.com

2. papa_levante

papa_levante oh! darling

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    gettyimages.com

3. papa_levante

papa_levante oh! darling

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    gettyimages.com

4. Trista

Trista New Member

I am absolutely loving this, with all the nature inspiration. The peacock feathers, the dress made of fabric leaves, the branches...I want that branch-handled purse.

I like the chainsaw too, for laughs.

5. 2Nova

2Nova New Member

i'm really enjoying this so far... i hope to see more!

6. gomtik

gomtik New Member

Loving it! Any more photos? HQs?

7. gimmethatbag

gimmethatbag New Member

I KNOW. Someone needs to mass produce that branch purse so I can buy it. Or at least put it in a boutique so I can go and drool over it.

8. Crimson C.C

Crimson C.C New Member

wow amazing, this is more what i would consider couture to be like. I can also sense a romantic story or am i wrong?

9. Crying Diamonds

Crying Diamonds Geometric Discharge

It looks like she's encased real leaves in plastic on the one dress.

10. jennifer~

jennifer~ Active Member

Completely wild. It seems appropriate for one who has been newly appointed Queen of the Forest, a theme party or simply anywhere (if you're... adventurous). But the chainsaw alarms me a bit; these girls are dressed as trees come-to-life, and involving a chainsaw seems like wearing fur to a PETA convention. Perhaps there's a deforestation message to be had... or maybe it's all for kitsch value... :innocent:

11. Swallowtail

Swallowtail New Member

This really falls flat for me. The theme is obviously nature, and an organic feel alongside luxurious furs and fabrics, but it seems to come short of both. The coat gave me hope, the white fur as pale as snow, with the hint of shadow towards the hem, like the shadow of a forest in the winter, and the brilliant blood red spots of the twigs as buttons serve to make the coat truly pop out and look unique in a way reminiscent of a Japanese painting. Yet the entire look is ruined for me with the addition of lace behind the fur. Like painting a pre-raphaelite and then thinking maybe some more green will make the woman's eyes really pop, and instead it makes her look worn and tattered.

I love the ideas, the leaf dress is a clever idea that is done well, but for the green and lines going up to the breasts, that look almost like obligatory suspenders drawn up to cover the nipples for the sake of modesty; I have to remind myself that it may be a problem of the angle of the camera, because the idea is so good, and the leaves are so well done, that I want to give the top half the benefit of optimism that it doesn't look like two halves of two different dresses. The branches extending from the black dress are equally lovely, but it's overall as if someone wanted very much to do an organic natural look for the collection, and had someone editing their work that put a great deal of effort into trying to tone it down, thinking mistakenly that it would be for the better.

#11 Swallowtail, Jul 14, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : Jul 14, 2009
  12. stereofoam

stereofoam New Member

follow the path of the fur, follow this path!

for me only the last piece looks like the beginning of something i'd like to see. (but for the laces, i second Swallowtail's opinion).

rest is rather disappointing, they could've used the ideas better