Online Support Group

I keep getting on and off the bandwagon. sometimes I eat healthy, sometimes i don't. I workout occasionally. I downloaded pilates but haven't done it. gah!!

And tealady, we can't be good everyday. Dont' be hard on yourself, tomorrow is another day to succeed!

I'm joining you in here!

I had a knee injury this fall so I had to stop working out for 3 months. TODAY my doctor said it was OK to exercise again :woot: :woot: :woot:

I :heart: exercising. I mosty do aerobics 2-4 times a week depending how much else I need to do.

I know I've gained some while being on this rest - I almost felt depressed not doing what i love. And my eating habits changed a bit.. so my goals are:

no fast food.. I don't eat that often but anyway.

no chips/popcorn.. my bf loves eating chips and watching a movie.. but I can skip the chips part.

No late night snacks.. humm.. that's my big problem and I can eat too much between meals :( So I need to change that.

And just cut back on fat in general.

Nice seeing everybody here trying!! You are doing great :flower: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Welcome, beiby! :flower: Sorry I can't help you with a Pilates video but stick around, I think someone will be able to! Good for you for your determination to eat healthy!

Beiby
I've only seen one Pilates video and that's the popular one now, Windsor Pilates.
The rest I learned through my teachers when I danced.
Maybe you could fine a Pilates class in your local gym. But the Windsor Pilates are relatively thorough

I was so proud of myself for eating really healthy and excercising for 3 weeks now.. but this weekend me and my friend ate LOTS of candy and icecream :cry: I felt really sick after eating so much..that's why I'm ill now..

I've tried to find somewhere to try pilates and also ashtanga yoga. Unfortunately I live in a small town so I have to stick to aerobics. But I'm moving to Stockholm (I live in Sweden) and I have already found my gym.. with both pilates and ashtanga yoga. :woot: :woot: :woot:

Oh, I haven't snacked today.. I feel a bit proud. At least it is a beginning.

congrats on not snacking-it is a start! As for my progress-Yoga. today. 5:30. I will be there.

Good work on not snacking, beiby. It's a good place to start! And please, lilliojAnna, don't beat yourself up about the sweets, just get back on track. Because of all the snow, I've spent more time in front of the computer, working from home, than usual so I've had less exercise. I made up for it today by clearing all the snow and ice off the car. That was good exercise! :shock:

So, it's February. How are those New Year's plans coming???

Originally posted by tealady@Feb 7th, 2004 - 8:01 pm
So, it's February. How are those New Year's plans coming???
:blush: Whops.

Well, no reason not to restart with a February 7th resolution....

I agree! And mine is to stop eating at the computer. Again. I've been backsliding... Not in a huge way but I want to nip this in the bud! :blush:

I haven't been eating very well...or exercizing but I did go to kickboxing the other night and I know it was good for me. I'm really concerned about school right now so my focus is just to get back on track with school and then worry about the other stuff.

I haven't really been keeping up with my resolution. But I decided to eat what I WANT for lunch and diner, so I don't feel the need to snack in between and don't consume as much in the long run. I went to track practise yesterday and noticed how out of shape I am because of being lazy for the past 3 weeks, so now I'm definetly going to make myself run 5 times a week, even if practise is optional or cancelled.
Congrats on no snacking, beiby.

Went to a resort this weekend with great food so I was bad. Back to healthy tomorrow-water, salad, yoga, water, salad, yoga, water, salad, yoga..................................

Great food is not bad. Just watch portion size and maybe bump up exercise. I'm under a huge amount of stress at the moment (and hence distracting myself by haunting TFS :innocent: ) and so this is the hardest time for me when it comes to eating. I eat when I get stressed. :(

I found a very convenient little store near work that sells fresh salads and fruit for very reasonable prices! So when I do buy myself lunch I won't go for the fast food option - but the cheaper, healthier one! :woot:

Wow guys, I recall reading the Belowen and Tealady (and others but I cant remembeer... :flower: ) talking about starting this post.

Sad to say :ninja: that I've avided looking at it till now... you know what you dont see cant hurt/motivate you.

And I'm IMPRESSED! :woot: :woot:

As a very good friend always reminds me it's the journey not the destination.

So here goes, I'm starting by copying Tealadies resolution of not eating at the computer ( :huh: ) and introducing yoga and salads again.

Springs coming.

Thank you all for the inspiration!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Wonderful, alliecat! Now when I'm tempted, I'll remember that you're not eating at your computer so I don't have to eat at mine. I can find an alternative. Belowen, that's great news about finding a place with inexpensive health food. What a find! :flower:

Okey, thought I'd write how it is going.. It is going great actually! I've started working out at my gym again. I take it a bit easy because of the knee injury I wrote about before. I haven't eaten anything really unhealthy. I'm reading a GREAT book right now about food and it's inpact on your health - it is nothing I usually read.

I'll try to explain the theory behind it, it is writen by some sort of female professor - Susanna Ehdin. She believes that we can heal our bodies with the right food and also slow down our agening process. The food we eat today is not designed for our bodies, we are not used to eating so much fat and suger. We are therefore getting more cases of diabetes, cancer, and heartproblem. Not to mention the obesity epedemic. For thousands of years we've lived on more fruit, vegetables, nuts and beans. When we make drastic food changes our body is not ready for it.

We need to eat more "slow food" - food that make us feel full for a long time. We also need to exclude some of the suger that is hidden in yoghurt, cereals, soda. She have also some interesting facts about our fear of fat and what fat we should really be afraid of.

Some of the things she suggest is to "new-age" for me but others have been really big eye-openers - and I am a big cynic and don't change my way easily. But I have changed now. I eat more of so called slow food - i've changed my fat-habits.

Do I feel a difference? YES!!!!!!!!!! I do! I feel "lighter" and I don't get hungry as easily as before. I haven't lost much weight (like 0,8 kilo in one week). I also feel a lot healthier - so I'll stick to this and see how it goes.

here is a site about the book: http://www.ehdin.com/SusannaEhdin.html

(honestly.. I never thought I'd write anything like this.. but this book was a WOW-experience for me. )

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eisabeth
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->