Opal Jewellery

PrinceOfCats

Naturellement pulpeuse
Reaction score
I want nice opal jewellery of all sorts...not too expensive but not too tacky (don't we all, brother...)...does anyone have any reccomedations?

(don't ask about the sudden desire for opals let's just say someone was born in October...)

Well I was born in March but someone was born in October...someone very demanding...

I've seen some LOVELY pieces in antiques shops, and the prices on antique jewelry tends not to really be that shocking and outrageous. Especially for semi-precious stones like Opals, amethyst, and carnelian. I completely fell in love with this Art-Noveau style butterfly brooch which had teardrop shaped opals which created the shape of the wings, and tiny jade-chip eyes. I couldn't afford it because I was broke, but I definitely admired it. :smile:

Australian and Mexican opal is really good ... I think there are some online stores directly from those countries ... you may froogle it!

That is SO sweet!

It makes me awwww all over the place.

My mum's an October baby, and all her opals are either antique or from really tiny designers. Opals are one of those things were you can find gorgeous pieces easily (with a little bit of luck,) and in the strangest places.

She has some that look like they're sort of shattered inside, but it's just the way they're supposed to be. I forget the name of the opal, but they're drop-dead.

It's a well-known superstition that you shouldn't wear opal if it isn't your birthstone. :innocent:

Originally posted by HBoogie@Apr 26th, 2004 - 9:25 pm
It's a well-known superstition that you shouldn't wear opal if it isn't your birthstone. :innocent:
really??? im intrigued....

I'm an aquamarine boy myself...then again I'm also supposed to be Aries, the God of war so I wouldn't pay much heed to these things...

She has some that look like they're sort of shattered inside, but it's just the way they're supposed to be. I forget the name of the opal, but they're drop-dead.

Possibly a lightning ridge opal or a matrix opal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->