Open a franchise

stl

Reaction score
I've searched this thread and honestly I couldn't find something similar, but if there's a thread, please merge as required. I'm interested in opening a network of franchise shops for a cosmetic company (MAC). There's no official authorized MAC shop in my home country yet, even though the brand is ultra popular. I surely see a business opportunity here, but I've searched through MAC website and couldn't find their contact details where to go with this kind of request. I wonder if anyone here could help me with this?
Also, if there are people on this thread who've worked or own a franchise, I would love to hear about your experience!:blush:

Hm, I don't really know about opening a franchise, but I looked on the MAC website for you... I found this...

CAREERS WITH M·A·C CORPORATE
Thank you for your interest in M·A·C Cosmetics. We are always in search of bright, energetic individuals to represent us. Unfortunately, we do not have an employment section in our Web site at this time.

To inquire about positions available in our corporate offices or corporate field positions, please send a cover letter and resume to:

Deborah Brown
Executive Director, Human Resources
M·A·C Cosmetics
575 Broadway, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10012
U.S.A.

Your information will be reviewed by our Human Resources Department. Please understand that we can only respond if there is a position available that is suited to your qualifications. We wish you much success in your career pursuits and hope you will continue to visit us at M·A·C Cosmetics Online.

...perhaps that's how you contact them about opening a store in your country, but I don't know... I'm thinking that address may be for more in store positions? Not really sure, sorry! :blush: Good luck though! :heart: We have some seriously knowledgeable people here who can probably help you better! :flower:

M.A.C. is now owned by Estee Lauder ... a huge, world wide coporate conglomarate of various brands. They do not franchise any of their lines.

Q: I am interested in selling or distributing The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. products. What is the procedure for this?
A: In response to your inquiry, please be advised that our products are distributed for sale only at our authorized retail store accounts, the majority of which are located in major department stores or perfumeries. While there are other select points of sale, such as duty-free shopping and brand e-commerce, we are not seeking to expand our distribution network. Nevertheless, we thank you for your interest.
http://www.elcompanies.com

Susanna-Cole, thank you for your help. Yes, I did see on MAC website but I also thought this was more to do with working for MAC than trying to distribute them.

BetteT, thank you for information. I didn't know that MAC was owned by Estee Lauder. I'd have to look for other brands then. Do you know if the website where I can check corporate information for cosmetic brands?

Yeah ... they bought M.A.C. in 1994 and the brand has changed quite a bit since then ... it's not longer a pro line so much anymore. A lot of artists don't have much if anything M.A.C in there kits any more because many of the products are not as good as they used to be ... at least that is what a lot of them are saying. There are lot's of better pro lines out there now ,,, but lines you probablh have not heard of.

Plus, M.A.C. is undermining the pros who actually got them started by word of mouth ... by offering free make and artists for tons of the fashion week shows and other big gigs and therefore are taking away jobs from the freelancers who used to get paid to do this. So lot's of pro artists are boycotting them. But that's another issue.

I don't know of any general web sites to find lists of different consumer brands. I think you will have to seach for them one by one ... there are thousands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I did notice that professional make up artists don't seem to be using MAC products anymore (at least they are not featured in magazines as so), but the reason why I wanted to distribute MAC is purely commercial. The brand is ultra popular and it's a real business opportunity. It's such a shame to pass it. I'll try to think about some thing else then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->