Opinions On Prada Menswear Pieces Needed...

marcj

Reaction score
EVERYONE is knocking off this collection. That's always the problem with Prada though. I say check out Club Monaco before hastily spending $400 for a thin, poor quality wool sweater.

the lady knows what she's talking about...i'd follow her advice...

$400 for those?!?!? I don't think so. They look nice, but not even close to that nice, IMO.

In my opinion Laura Biagiotti makes a mean cashmere item. Hence her being termed "Queen of Cashmere."

Also Crucinelli, Avon Celli, and Malo.

I have to say, I disagree with the consensus above. I think it's a beautiful sweater. I saw it in Harvey Nics a few weeks ago and almost bought it, and I'm not really a Prada fan. It is quite thin, but it's very good quality. I agree it's not cheap though.

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Aug 18 2004, 06:52 PM
EVERYONE is knocking off this collection. That's always the problem with Prada though. I say check out Club Monaco before hastily spending $400 for a thin, poor quality wool sweater.
[snapback]337675[/snapback]​

3rd. Prada's men's is so generic that I don't even think it qualifies to be something to knock-off.

I did see a nice Prada sweater, loosely knit, decent quality, but I didn't look at the price tag and I can't tell if it's any of those above.

Agreed. Club Monaco knocked this off and I'm sure it will even end up on sale. Better yet, DIY. I dip dyed an old Gap sweater on the shoulders the other day and it turned out better than I even expected. I knew I would be sick of the look after 2 or 3 wears so I wouldn't even think about paying the Prada price.

i have a sweter liek that i bought a few years ago from a small japanes companya nd it was only 75

prada menswear is a pile of bilge.

i tried on some jackets that were like £600 each....and they were like something i could get in nike for £30......and they didnt even look very nice

Wow, Thanks for all of the input..... After all, I decided NOT to get the sweater, instead I will spend 440.00 on this Miu Miu one..... http://firstview.com/MENfall2004/MIU_MIU/00056.L.JPG
I already have the jacket and pants in the pictures and white shirt and gold tie with the design....... is this a better choice?

Originally posted by marcj@Aug 21 2004, 02:50 AM
Wow, Thanks for all of the input.....  After all, I decided NOT to get the sweater, instead I will spend 440.00 on this Miu Miu one.....  http://firstview.com/MENfall2004/MIU_MIU/00056.L.JPG 
I already have the jacket and pants in the pictures and white shirt and gold tie with the design....... is this a better choice?
[snapback]340665[/snapback]​
I think so; I find it more interesting than the Prada sweater, personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->