Opinions On This Dress?

Luna

offline.
Reaction score
I've been very into stripes lately... and i was flipping through the catalog and saw this and thought it was cute.. and perfect for summer...

the only thing i'm worried about is i know that stripes have some sort of power where they can make you look bigger than you are or whatever....

I'm fairly short... with a big chest... would I look absolutely ridiculous in this?

I know i'd have to take at least a few inches off the bottom. just to make it the right length.. but that's no problem...
here's the link

V236800.jpg

I love, love, love this dress. I came across it, and I too, loved it. :smile:

However, you're right...stripes in the wrong direction do not flatter. It looks like across the stomach area they're horizontal...you may want to rethink this if you're thicker in your midsection. Also, with tube-like tops or strapless ensembles, you need to think twice if you're larger-busted.. I think strapless tops and tube tops are meant for the smaller breasted. :blush:

damn my boobs.

I wear tube tops and never have a problem tho... :(

i don't know how hot it is where you are but i could still see that dress looking very good on a shorter, wider frame if paired with a thin white cardigan or something of the like (worn with sleeves cinched and completely unbuttoned) :wink: ...

It's not too hot where i live.. besides.. i usually wear hoodies or cardigans with most of the things i wear just because it's cold on the subways..

I'm just self-conscious about my chest in the dress.... :unsure:

I think that if your waist is slightly defined (as in, your tummy doesn't protrude beyond your chest and you curve in at the sides a bit as compared to your bust--you know). As Elle said, the stripes accross the midsection could be bad on certain people, but it would realy depend on the specific figure. The other stripes are angled a bit so they shouldn't be a problem. Actually, I think that's true of the dress anyway. The only way to be sure that it would look good is to try it on--which, since V.S. only sells cothing by mail, would require that you order it.

If you get it, please post a picture! :flower:

Originally posted by eloes@Jun 11th, 2004 - 4:49 pm
I think that if your waist is slightly defined (as in, your tummy doesn't protrude beyond your chest and you curve in at the sides a bit as compared to your bust--you know). As Elle said, the stripes accross the midsection could be bad on certain people, but it would realy depend on the specific figure. The other stripes are angled a bit so they shouldn't be a problem. Actually, I think that's true of the dress anyway. The only way to be sure that it would look good is to try it on--which, since V.S. only sells cothing by mail, would require that you order it.

If you get it, please post a picture! :flower:
my tummy does not protrude past my stomach.. :wink: ... i've got an hourglass figure.. except i'm top heavy :blush: ... and i'm only like 5'1"...

I hate how VS doesn't have store anywhere... they'd sell clothes like crazy... or at least IMO they would.. I always find cute stuff for cheap prices in their catalog.

I didn't know how else to say that, especially because I wasn't sure what you look like. I think that the dress could be adorable on you as long as it isn't too small or too revealing in the bust. Try it!

I agree that they'd get a lot of business if they sold clothes in their stores along with the underwear. I know tons of people who would buy it, especially me stepmother. However, if she stopped buying clothes from their magazines, we'd stop getting them...and how else would my little brother get his favorite magazine? :rolleyes: Yes, I'm quite in favor of the store idea.

the stripes on that dress make me dizzy :(

not for me but get it if you like it :flower:

It's cute! I think you'd have to have at least a medium size chest to hold it up :eek:

Well.. I ordered it... Lets just hope it looks right on me... :innocent:

... Soo.. Yea.. assuming this dress fits and looks okay on me.. How do I dres it up... I'm going to be starting my internship in july... like said before i think i'm just gonna get a hold of a white cardigan... but.. what shoes! Flip flops are too casual..

Would gold strappy sandals look weird? .. I dont own white shoes.. they get too dirty.

Originally posted by luna@Jun 14th, 2004 - 5:38 pm
... Soo.. Yea.. assuming this dress fits and looks okay on me.. How do I dres it up... I'm going to be starting my internship in july... like said before i think i'm just gonna get a hold of a white cardigan... but.. what shoes! Flip flops are too casual..

Would gold strappy sandals look weird? .. I dont own white shoes.. they get too dirty.
depending on your skin tone, I'd get ahold of some gold jewelry - that'd be an easy way to dress up an otherwise casual dress. I think some gold dangly earrings would look fabulous

I think you could go either way, as far as casual or dressy... those heeled thongs that the model's wearing in the pic looks good with the dress. Though, if you want to be a little more dressy, I'd opt for some barely-there heals to give you some height - NOTHING chunky!

Originally posted by Elle Glamour+Jun 14th, 2004 - 5:44 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Elle Glamour @ Jun 14th, 2004 - 5:44 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-luna@Jun 14th, 2004 - 5:38 pm

depending on your skin tone, I'd get ahold of some gold jewelry - that'd be an easy way to dress up an otherwise casual dress. I think some gold dangly earrings would look fabulous

I think you could go either way, as far as casual or dressy... those heeled thongs that the model's wearing in the pic looks good with the dress. Though, if you want to be a little more dressy, I'd opt for some barely-there heals to give you some height - NOTHING chunky! [/b][/quote]
Chunky = BAD :sick:

What about some navy round toe pumps? The navy and the green ought to go well together. Or some pale pastel yellow ballet flats to go ahead with the citrus look? I can see me wearing those. I am thinking of ordering that dress too, Luna. It's cute. :blush:

Originally posted by dramatique@Jun 14th, 2004 - 6:28 pm
What about some navy round toe pumps? The navy and the green ought to go well together. Or some pale pastel yellow ballet flats to go ahead with the citrus look? I can see me wearing those. I am thinking of ordering that dress too, Luna. It's cute. :blush:
:smile: I'm excited.. can't wait to get it.

it looks comfy if anything. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozilya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->