Opinions wanted on bag project

Tiffany7

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I wrote earlier about a vintage crochet bag I bought & about dying crochet thread. The bag didnt have a strap so I wanted to make one but the problem is that the bag is a shade between navy & black. I couldnt find the perfect color to match it. I thought about making the strap in all metallic gold but it was for trim work only. Then I found this beige color that had metallic flecks but the yarn was horrible & seperated as I was trying to work with it. I dont think that I want to go to all the trouble of dying the fabric now so I was wondering what you guys think?

The bag is made from what looks like J & P Coats nylon crochet thread so that is probably what I will use. It comes in navy & black... there might also be a beige. The bag is a little darker than the navy & a little lighter than the black. If your going to make it out of either of those colors would you go lighter (which might just look like its faded slightly) or darker? I was thinking I could trim either color with the metallic gold since there is metallic gold that completely matches in the bag. Or would you go with a different color totally like the beige & would you trim that in gold. Also I want to back the strap with a nice sueded fabric & what color would you go with there?

Here are the choices...

Black strap/black backing
Black strap/navy backing (might be hard to find a navy fabric that would match the bag too)
Navy strap/black backing
Navy strap/navy backing

Trimmed in metallic gold?

Totally different color strap like maybe a golden beige?

Thanks for all your help. :flower:
It is SO confusing!! I never thought it would be this hard to match navy. :(

I think you should go with the navy (lighter) thread and black (darker) backing, which will hopefully balance everything out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k3lse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->