Origins

Batabid

Reaction score
AH! I've been purchasing soooo many Origins products lately! I'm in love with the line....

I know that they're owned by Estee Lauder, but I couldn't find something like Idealist, so I finally broke down and bought it anyway. But tonight I was at the Origins counter again and I came across "A Perfect World." Their "skin guardian."

I almost crapped my pants! The stuff is almost exactly like Idealist (the similarities in scent of Estee Lauder and Origins products caught my attention ^_^) and 1.7 oz of it cost only $50 (with tax) while 1oz of Idealist goes for about the same price! I even went through and checked the ingredients... they're very very similar. A notable difference, imo, is the fact that Origins uses White Tea, while Idealist contains only Green. :flower: A Perfect World made my skin even smoother than Idealist did. (I did two tests, one on my hands and one on my face- I put A perfect World on one side of each and Idealist on the other.)

I haven't tried the Idealist Micro-D stuff yet, but judging from things I've read on the forum, how it has to be softened up a bit with water cus the grains are too harsh/big otherwise, etc, it seems that Origins' "Modern Friction" seems to be the equivalent.
Perhaps I'm just nuts but this seems like some kind of conspiracy haha! :P I urge everyone to try out Origins. I even love their foundations.... I'll be returning my idealist on Wednesday! Hee hee.

Batabid said:
AH! I've been purchasing soooo many Origins products lately! I'm in love with the line....

I know that they're owned by Estee Lauder, but I couldn't find something like Idealist, so I finally broke down and bought it anyway. But tonight I was at the Origins counter again and I came across "A Perfect World." Their "skin guardian."

I almost crapped my pants! The stuff is almost exactly like Idealist (the similarities in scent of Estee Lauder and Origins products caught my attention ^_^) and 1.7 oz of it cost only $50 (with tax) while 1oz of Idealist goes for about the same price! I even went through and checked the ingredients... they're very very similar. A notable difference, imo, is the fact that Origins uses White Tea, while Idealist contains only Green. :flower: A Perfect World made my skin even smoother than Idealist did. (I did two tests, one on my hands and one on my face- I put A perfect World on one side of each and Idealist on the other.)

I haven't tried the Idealist Micro-D stuff yet, but judging from things I've read on the forum, how it has to be softened up a bit with water cus the grains are too harsh/big otherwise, etc, it seems that Origins' "Modern Friction" seems to be the equivalent.
Perhaps I'm just nuts but this seems like some kind of conspiracy haha! :P I urge everyone to try out Origins. I even love their foundations.... I'll be returning my idealist on Wednesday! Hee hee.

Thanks so much for all the info... I just bought their Spot Remover.. and I was thinking about buying their "get down" cleanser^_^

I LOVE the Perfect World moisturizer! It feels amazing, and it's so great when my skin is dryer now that it's colder.

I swear by their tinted moisturizer, it's the only one I've found that's light enough for me, and it gives the perfect amount of coverage.

Origins Facial Products

anyone tried them? if so.. what have you tried, what type of skin do you have, and what were the results?? PLEASE SHARE! thank you so much, id appreciate it :woot: :heart:

I hate to sound like a broken record in this section, but I really really adore the "Never A Dull moment" facial scrub.

I use it once a week and leave it on as a mask for 5 mins, after that my skin is noticeably softer and brighter.

I would think I have combination skin, but this scrub really works like a charm for me. It's really great!

yeah ive fiddled w/ a few scrubs before which made my skin look brighter at first... but then found that it might react a couple of days later... or the brightness would fade after the second day. did you notice good, lasting results from the scrub? thank you:wink:

I think it all boil down to consistency...if you use the scrub religiously every week, you complexion will look brighter over time.

I don't really think it fades... :unsure:

i love their "perfect world" skin guardian. It smells so nice and makes your skin feel silky. I find that after I exfoliate this helps your makeup go on so smooth. I like the "never a dull moment" scrub, because it's not so much a scrub but a wonderful globby concotion of fruit meat. I know that's not the most appetizing way of describing it, but these two products make me feel so luxurious when I use them.

The Perfect World is expensive ($30 for a bottle) but if you don't overdo it, it lasts you quite a while (I think I use a bottle in 2-3 months).

I have Never a Dull Moment - on my third pot - Lovely mild exfoliator. Also have the Never a Dull Moment showergel which is a good exfoliating shower gel.
Microdremabrasion - great once every so often for boosting my skin and cleaning out pores. Leaves my skin feeling very velvety. However, everyones' experiences with Micro seem to vary so I would recommend perhaps getting a tester pot of it from them or at least trying it out on your hand in the store before you buy.
A Perfect World Skin Guardian (face & eyes) - as jemkat said, leaves skin lovely and silky and a good antioxidant booster pre-moisturiser
A Perfect World shower gel & body lotion - nice indulgent treats and also leaves skin feeling silky (even the shower gel on its own)
You're Getting Warmer face mask - lovely mask that heats up on the skin and makes face feel all cosy (if you get my meaning!)
Charoal Mask (can't think of the proper name) - good for deep cleaning.
Out of Trouble Mask - I use this when my skin is suffering from a breakout, or feels a bit sensitive.
Spot Remover - does what it says on the tin, really - dries up any spots over a day or too and doesn't feel harsh or make my skin dry out.
Have a Nice Day - SPF15 lotion for the face. Nice light mosituring lotion. Doesn't clog my pores but is enough for my skin to feel well moisturised for the day.

Yeah, I am a bit of a skincare junkie, but I do like the Origins products.

Last edited by a moderator:
littleblacksheep said:
I have Never a Dull Moment - on my third pot - Lovely mild exfoliator. Also have the Never a Dull Moment showergel which is a good exfoliating shower gel.
Microdremabrasion - great once every so often for boosting my skin and cleaning out pores. Leaves my skin feeling very velvety. However, everyones' experiences with Micro seem to vary so I would recommend perhaps getting a tester pot of it from them or at least trying it out on your hand in the store before you buy.
A Perfect World Skin Guardian (face & eyes) - as jemkat said, leaves skin lovely and silky and a good antioxidant booster pre-moisturiser
A Perfect World shower gel & body lotion - nice indulgent treats and also leaves skin feeling silky (even the shower gel on its own)
You're Getting Warmer face mask - lovely mask that heats up on the skin and makes face feel all cosy (if you get my meaning!)
Charoal Mask (can't think of the proper name) - good for deep cleaning.
Out of Trouble Mask - I use this when my skin is suffering from a breakout, or feels a bit sensitive.
Spot Remover - does what it says on the tin, really - dries up any spots over a day or too and doesn't feel harsh or make my skin dry out.
Have a Nice Day - SPF15 lotion for the face. Nice light mosituring lotion. Doesn't clog my pores but is enough for my skin to feel well moisturised for the day.

Yeah, I am a bit of a skincare junkie, but I do like the Origins products.

ooo then maybe you could help me out? :innocent: i have a couple of questions id like to ask! also, what kind of skin do you have? thank you:flower: :D

No probs. Hopefully I can help! I have normal / comination skin but in the past two months or so I have started to have breakouts on my chin which my doctor is currently putting down to stress (haven't had a spot in about 4 years before that). Unfortunately, I can't get rid of the source of this stress for a while so am trying to get it more under control through adjusting my routine and think that I am definitely beginning to make a difference!

littleblacksheep said:
No probs. Hopefully I can help! I have normal / comination skin but in the past two months or so I have started to have breakouts on my chin which my doctor is currently putting down to stress (haven't had a spot in about 4 years before that). Unfortunately, I can't get rid of the source of this stress for a while so am trying to get it more under control through adjusting my routine and think that I am definitely beginning to make a difference!

i have sensitive/combo skin. sometimes my skin seems so tolerant... then sometimes it has these crazy reactions and seems overly sensitive. its oily in some areas... really dry in others... one week its totally clear, the next week i have breakouts (most likely due to stress, pms and other internal problems) i recently tried switching to dr. hauscka face lotions... have you tried any of the dr. hauschka line? do you think the 'never a dull moment' scrub would be beneficial? or just cause clog ups, break outs and irritation? thank you so much:heart: :flower: :D

No, I haven't tried the Dr Hauska range myself but I have heard a lot of people recommend it. I would be hesitant in recommending anything in particular as your skin does seem to react a lot to what you use so I would say that you should check out some reviews of the Dr Hauska products over on MUA.

I doubt that any one product will make a huge difference to your skin. I like the Never a Dull Moment - I like it and find it gentle - but then I rub gently, I never really scrub into my skin. Given how your skin is though I would ask Origins for a little pot of it as a sample so you can try it without having to splash out on the entire tub.

If your skin is so sensitive and seems to have random breakouts, have you considered the possibility that you might have a food allergy or something? Make sure you drink plenty of water anyway, as that does make a difference and try to eat as healthily as possible. From how it sounds I don't think one single product will make it all better - perhaps you need to try a few products from one range for sensitive skin? I think Dermalogica do a skin kit for sensitive skin, which is a travel size range of products in the same line, in this case for sensitive skin. Or perhaps over on MUA there may be other recommendations for a range of products for sensitive skin. Have a look at Shisheido aswell - I think they have a range that is suitable for sensitive skin and the products are generally considered very good. Sorry I can't be of more help!

thank you so much!:flower:

im really tempted to try it... do you think it helps w/ a few pimples/evening out the skin & scars, as well as brightening the face??

anyone try their modern friction microdermabrasion?

I use it and I like it a lot. It does leave my skin soft and I have noticeably fewer blackheads etc since I started using it and it never makes my skin tingle or go red, or any other kind of reaction. However, I see over on MUA though that a few people have found it harsh on their skin which is why I think you should pop into the shop and get a tester/little pot of it so you can try it once without splashing out on the whole thing- especially if your skin is so sensitive... Anyway, I like it a lot!

I'm a fan of Matte Scientist. I have fairly oily skin so I like to use it on my forehead to keep it from getting too shiny.

ok you've all convinced me! sensitive or not.. my face could use a good scrub. ill get the sample this weekend... since origins is only a block away frmo my house :D

haha sorry i raid this thread.. has anyone tried any of their skin lotions for the face?/ please share! thank you..

^I know my aunt raves about their Green Tea line, you might want to try their moisturizer.
I personally use Checks and Balances face wash and Spot Remover. The SR is amazing, I have decided on the CB quite yet since I have acne prone skin (I don't know if it's this or "that time" making my skin not so great).
I'm always impressed by their brand, never used anything that truly sucked!

Has anyone tried the clear improvement masks? I got breakouts the first few times after using it. :cry: Is that normal? :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->