Oscar De La, Carolina...monique...etc

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by marrimoda, Feb 10, 2004.

View Users: View Users
  1. marrimoda

marrimoda doing it

Monique Lhuillier: This is a hopeful moment for designers on the ascent, and Monique Lhuillier’s star shines brightly with possibility. Though her base is the casual world of sunny Beverly Hills, her message is one of dressed-up, polished refinement, and has caught on among the young celebrity set in her home town. It’s no wonder, as Lhuillier understands youthful glamour and gives it a distinctive sparkle. For fall, she left behind spring’s sprightly, girlish tweeds in favor of a more mysterious mood, delivering looks evocative of both siren (an unforgivingly chic black suit) and crazed ballerina (a froth of lavender organza under a gold lace bed jacket). And there was plenty in between — bouclé coats, flouncy skirts and chic dresses. Once or twice, Lhuillier let her bridal sensibilities muscle their way into the collection with overwrought results, as in a rosette-bedecked teal satin evening gown. But for the most part, she exercised cool control in a beautiful collection

2. marrimoda

marrimoda doing it

okay I messed that post up, I meant to split them up...and I dont know how to get the pictures from WWD in with the text...I guess I'm too tired. sorry