Oscar de la Renta F/W 2018.19 New York

I thought last season was a mess so there was nowhere to go but up. I have to be honest, I like the crisp shirts and the way the oversized sleeves look under coats; a tried trick but very poetic and beautiful nonetheless. There is also a Victorian-style embroidered coat in beige which I thought was sublime.

The rest I can take or leave, really. I thought the suit jackets looked particularly ill-fitting. I cannot imagine how much worse they would look on women with larger breasts.

So far my fave of the week!
I really did not think ODLR needed ANY updating. It was perfect and unique and really had a much needed spot of his own in fashion.
But he's gone, so obviously there is going to be some change.

I think this collection is perfect, truly feels like Mr. DLR and probably makes him proud where ever he is.

It's just lovely and pleasurable.

Their most beautiful collection yet! I'm pleasantly surprised as to how much I like this! I do hope there was more color throughout the collection cause I think those looks are the most faithful to original ODLR. Some looks are too Maria Grazia for Dior for my taste though.

I see the MGC traces as well, but I still like it. It's not all sugar, spice and all things nice. As usual the eveningwear is simply gorgeous. The debutante set will be all over this.

I don't see the need for this many looks in the collection - kinda dulls the impact of the really good pieces, and there are some really nice things in here. They're doing the right thing, trying to modernize OdlR's aesthetic for the modern age, and I hope they keep succeeding.

I really like this: the first 8 looks with the floral pattern feel very elegant and harmonious, I also love the colors here and there. I wish they had developed the color palette (red, pink, yellow) more. The evening gowns are particularly stunning and look refined in details. They are doing a nice job and are getting better and better.

I really like it! The red ombre coat is a gorgeous piece.

Their best yet for the house, no doubt. The previous ones were too contrived and directionless for me, but this one feels focused and finally a good balance between classic OdlR and pushing it forward. I think they were looking towards (new) Valentino for guidance, and that's a great idea.

I feel this one, too. Oscar is for women of a certain age and station in life. The new designers need to keep that in mind and add delicate tweaks as needed.

The freshest output that I've seen from ODLR in a very long time. I can't even track on who's at the creative reigns of some of these brands today though!

The first ten or so looks here are just great; thereafter it's a bit up and down. Too many looks IMO, they could have cut it down nearly by half to up the impact!

I'm glad to see everyone echo my thoughts, this is good, now we're getting somewhere after a few wannabe seasons. True to form Oscar. You can love the brand, or hate the brand, but this collection has the identity of the label that so many have lost to generic-ism.

Enjoyable :heart:

Like everyone else said, this collection is a really good step in the right direction.

It is the collection oscar de la Reanta should follow in future. Very feminine and beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->