Oscar de la Renta Resort 2011

always a standout in modern classics. love it.

This was a fantastic show - 100% on point for ODLR aesthetics, mid-season pieces that actually look like full effort was put behind their creation...resort is really stepping up its game!

I was one of the luckiest first 50 FIT students to be able to attend this show.. It was spectacular, here are some of my shots

I was one of the luckiest first 50 FIT students to be able to attend this show.. It was spectacular, here are some of my shots

Oh that's awesome, the photos you took are really good aswell.

As for the presentation, it looks really promising so far!

And here it is ^_^:flower:

I couldnt finish recording the whole show bcause my memory card was full, sorry.. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Oscar de la Renta - Resort 2011 Full Show - STREAM (New video in better quality tomorrow)

Part 1

Part 2

A nice, wearable collection. IMO, there's something about it that seems a bit plain.

It was same ol' same ol' Oscar De La Renta. Chic, wearable, and elegant.
I especially loved the evening wear. Especially Ginta's colorful strapless gown and Shu Pei's blue dress plus jacket combo.

vqgvh3.jpg
bhbsdf.jpg

2z6cjmr.jpg
wu1mh2.jpg

2mra052.jpg
1538kz9.jpg

iol02b.jpg
t8px6w.jpg

nvvdkx.jpg
dbs13c.jpg

2gsps83.jpg
2rym2yc.jpg

o6lc0z.jpg
24d50yd.jpg

style

i love that oscar de la renta dipped his toe into the future with a live webcast of this resort show. although there's a part of me that couldn't help but find myself distracted by each head turn and gesture of anna wintour and her chair-neighbor desiree rodgers.

while this colletion featured typical oscar de la renta fare, i find myself impressed by some of the daywear and accessories here that definitely would have appeal for a more downtown-minded uptown girl should she choose to style them differently than presented here. whether it's those sporty heels, sparkly bags, or even those straw hats, i could see those looking terribly dashing in an edgy girls repetoire.

It's de la Renta but I still like the collection. The evening wears are really great especially the 9th look from #16. Some sun dresses are pretty but some are seen before. Though it's nice to see such classic like him interested in present technology. Love the iPad case. Now let's see How Karl will design it at Chanel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pjmiddleton
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->