Oscar de la Renta S/S 10 New York

I heart Oscar De LaRenta so I might be a tad bias. Love the black lace dresses and the evening collection is just breathtaking. The details in those itself is just great. Not entirely sure what is going on with the mantillas maybe as Crying Diamonds said, very spanish influenced. Overall, a strong collection. There are more than a couple of pieces in there I would love to own!

love this skirt! there are some very nice pieces and fabrics in this collection. i really like the long dress on vlada too, and this detail is just gorgeous. the collection as a whole doesn't excite me though, i never find ODLR exciting anyway...

im a bit eh about this collection...
i really like the blue lace outfit on katie and karlies looks are great but most of the collection left me looking at other things. those lace dresses are terrible imo and the finale dress looks so messy and poofy. im not a fan this time....

One of the worst collections from ODLR
The clothes are just too ethnic inspired and too dramatic(the lace dress on Bruna is SO Dior couture),and some outfit looks cheap and too simple for a brand like this
And the model casting is just horrible this season,you cannot put a red carpet gown on a girl who looks like 12 :glare:

When I saw the second half of the collection I thought that Lagerfeld was working for ODLR... It feels so chanel.
I love the details and fabrics but not the collection as a whole.

Hmm a little hit and miss for me, I adoreee a few of the looks :heart: and some of them, not so much... :sick:

im in love, im in love!!! i cnt pick up just some to say which are my faves lol.

This collection is just too simple for me. I do like some of the fabrics and some of the actual garments are nice but as a whole it just doesn't mesh. It doesn't look like any time or thought went into designing this collection.

I see so many references to Dior and he is so much better than that. I'm not saying that he is better than Dior but he has his own look and really shouldn't have to resort to referencing a Dior Couture collection.

This collection is just too simple for me. I do like some of the fabrics and some of the actual garments are nice but as a whole it just doesn't mesh. It doesn't look like any time or thought went into designing this collection.

I see so many references to Dior and he is so much better than that. I'm not saying that he is better than Dior but he has his own look and really shouldn't have to resort to referencing a Dior Couture collection.

You speak of this collection as if you had intentions of wearing it. :innocent:

Today, the newer generation of people who follow fashion fail miserably to identify a trend or a specific style a designer once carried at the beginning of their designing careers. Oscar De La Renta has cultivated a collection that references his earlier work from the 70s and the 80s. Intead of re-introducing the awful shoulder pads, he has reinstated his vision of chic clothing that actually work. Most of the "Dior Like" or Chanel like pieces all derive from his own archives of pieces he did previous to Lagerfeld and Galliano.

It is severely important that when someone makes a statement about a collection male or female, that facts are set straight before making opinions in a very ignorant and un-fashionable manner.

Today, the newer generation of people who follow fashion fail miserably to identify a trend or a specific style a designer once carried at the beginning of their designing careers. Oscar De La Renta has cultivated a collection that references his earlier work from the 70s and the 80s. Intead of re-introducing the awful shoulder pads, he has reinstated his vision of chic clothing that actually work. Most of the "Dior Like" or Chanel like pieces all derive from his own archives of pieces he did previous to Lagerfeld and Galliano.

It is severely important that when someone makes a statement about a collection male or female, that facts are set straight before making opinions in a very ignorant and un-fashionable manner.

Thank you for this post! I notice a lot of people think every trend under the sun derived from Lagerfeld or Balenciaga and so many designers are erroneously accused of "copying"when that may not be the case at all.

If there is one thing I will say about ODLR is that he is nowhere near as flighty as some designers like Lagerfeld.There is a consistent pattern of elegance. He is not trendy or kitsch. You will not see alchohol monitoring ankle-bracelets as accessories on his runway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice colors and shapes. He knows his customer and sticks to it, in a very disciplined manner.

My opinion was not made in an ignorant of unfashionable manner. It's obvious from searching through your previous post on this board that you have a bias to ODLR so I don't have time to argue with you.

I stand by what I said in my previous post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->