Oscar De La Renta S/S 11 New York

I always obsess over the Oscar collection.. He epitomizes true beauty in dresses and gowns.. Pure genius!

God those giant flowers and leaves on the the white dresses are awful.

I don't know what to think about this collection, some pieces were really beautiful but some others were simply awful!

Im looking at this on my cell phone, so im gonna have to use my computer so I can see this full beauty of this collection because I am loving what I see so far. That ruffledpink dress out amazing.

spectacular show!!! this was my first nyc fashion week show!!!

**Do not promote your blog here, please*

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, the collection looks great so far. can't wait to see the whole collection!!

This is how you rock flowers as a theme!!! you can't blame the man for being loyal to his costumers, something most designers won't ever get(yes Wang, that's for you, haha)...

not sure if i like this collection.. flowery things, and also big dress.. quite bored!
and i feel i already saw this collection like before.. feeling deja vu.

Some great pieces but also some pieces that shouldn't have been in the collection (mostly the old suits)

oscar never disappoints. he loves and understands women, and you can feel that in every piece of every collection he's even made. nothing more to say, just - beautiful, as always!

^^ Same feelings about this collection. Love the gowns on Karolina and Coco.

that's high classy fashion.......but we're maybe to close from wedding dresses sometimes

I'm not really feeling this...however towards the end (not the gowns) it gets better with some of the simpler evening pieces that are not too OTT but more interesting than the opening looks.

Oooh, this one is definitely going to be a stylists and editors favorite. Beautiful soft colors, ultra feminine silhouettes, great material.

Even though I'm far from overwhelmed by this, I respect the fact that he stays true to himself and his vision.

Last edited by a moderator:
not a big fan of this season. floral theme is a bit overcooked. anyway, there are some really nice pieces, but i liked more his srping 2010 collections. was more dramatic

This is how you rock flowers as a theme!!! you can't blame the man for being loyal to his costumers, something most designers won't ever get(yes Wang, that's for you, haha)...
I agree. This is how to take on a flower theme without producing a gaudy or gimmicky end result. And Oscar just isn't being loyal to his customers. He's remaining true to his aesthetic. There's a reason why he's been in the fashion business for so long.

This collection IMO was the best collection of the week (great way to close NYFW!). And I also liked Jason Wu's collection. Everything else, I just scrolled past mindlessly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BonnieRunway
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->