Oscar de la Renta S/S 2019 New York

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Sep 11, 2018.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Passable collection, didn't start off with a bang for me. I actually loathe the fringe detail, which looks like curtains most of the time. Maybe it's just the execution.
    Do like some of the looks from the yellow Grecian number onwards. In fact that dress reminds me of the blood orange stunner from JPG's Hermes (2006, I think.) But it's not a very cohesive collection. It's a bit all over the place. Where CH effeffortlessly seamed house codes with new ideas, ODLR can't seem to marry theirs together. End result looks like different ideas stitched together in haste.

4. liberty33r1b

liberty33r1b Active Member

some looks are really horrible, considering it's odlr

5. Ken Doll Jenner

Ken Doll Jenner Active Member

This is a lot better than I expected. The pictures don't really do the collection justice because there's a sense of relaxed luxury that are better captured through motion than still image. I love the ubiquity of moroccan-esque silhouettes that they offered here, and the looks that incorporate silk fringes, ikat patterns, and sarong-like wraps play out like a more accessible Dries. Overall, this collection is a welcome departure from ODLR's usual debutante, fifth avenue aesthetic.

6. chanelh

chanelh Active Member

Pretty good collection,

if it's from Just Cavalli

7. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

It looks very very long when in fact there aren’t that many looks.
    There are some cute pieces and I get the intention but the message is blurred. And the ball gowns weren’t necessary as they kills the easy of the collection.

I feel like they don’t have a vision for ODLR. They are doing a modern version of it but we don’t know where they are going.
    In a way it’s fine because you don’t really see the Monse influence and they can stay close to the brand aesthetic but it can bring down the excitment.