Out Of Fashion

mesmerized

Reaction score
When is a handbag Out of Fashion?
In another way, for how long you will carry the same handbag?
you pay a FORTUNE for a handbag, when do you stop carrying it even if it's not damaged?

I hope you Ladies understood what I mean :rolleyes:

i never stop carrying my bags. the only thing is that i carry them per phase. obviously my GUCCI bags are in the back of the closet but just like any other bag that has been in fashion, they will be used quite soon. depends really on the situation :wink:

I guess it depends on the bag. I would only pay a lot of money for a very classic looking bag; something that isn't going to be in and out of style from season to season...

For more trendy styles, and I am not usually a big follower of the-absolute-latest-trend anyway, but in that case I won't pay thousands for a purse so I don't feel so guilty about not using it again next season even if I haven't rendered it incapacitated :wink:

I usually purchase bags that are practical for everyday use, but I do have a few interesting bags...I coordinate them to my outfit for the day. I might end up carrying the same bag all week, or for the day...If I'm going out on the weekends, I usually carry something small and different as opposed to during the week when I carry something more functional like a black leather Gucci hobo bag...

It depends on the bag.

I think when a bag is hyped to death and thus, knocked off heavily, you need to give it a rest for a while before bringing it out again.

My Vuitton graffiti alma, for example, is resting in the back of my closet for now, waiting for another year or so to make its re-debut. And I think I'll be doing the same with my Vuitton Murakami bags shortly.

Prada bags are hyper-trendy and I usually end up selling mine on eBay after the season is over. If I were on more of a bag budget, I probably wouldn't even purchase Pradas because they are so seasonal.

Conversely, something like a Vuitton Suhali bag can be worn forever because of classic styling, shape, etc. Same goes for any and all Hermes bags.

does anyone remember TOMs big flower collection for GUCCI??!!!

well i got the JACKIE O bag with that print in a white background. :blush:

they made very few of those and im still proud of owning one... but i havent used it ever since that season :innocent:

Originally posted by eastendsnob@Jan 10th, 2004 - 10:52 am
I guess it depends on the bag. I would only pay a lot of money for a very classic looking bag; something that isn't going to be in and out of style from season to season...
good advice :flower:

I usually go for classic and practical bags that I can carry for seaons or forever :blush:
at the same time I can't resist those trendy ones, but I carry them for a short while and then let them rest, like the Vuitton Graffiti and Murakami. I don't think I'd totally stop wearing them, just wait for a while and I'll take them out again :wink:

When it's as overexposed, over-hyped, and over-done as Louis Vuitton's monogram multicolor bags... :sick:

Plus, how many of you can actually say that you'll be carrying around your multicolor Murakami bag ten years from now?

I like that green perspex YSL by Tom Ford...but I don't need a handbag because I don't carry one.

Handbags go out of fashion when I stop liking them, yes...or the sensible answer can be : once they're overexposed.

Originally posted by brian@Jan 10th, 2004 - 8:07 pm
Plus, how many of you can actually say that you'll be carrying around your multicolor Murakami bag ten years from now?
That's a good point. I don't think many people will hold onto them for so long. But I think it would be a great idea to carry it ten years from now. No one would have them anymore and they'd be what they should be--original and interesting. I'm sure they'll still be special then.

I'll try to hold onto mine for as long as possible! :wink:

Originally posted by chickonspeed+Jan 10th, 2004 - 7:51 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chickonspeed @ Jan 10th, 2004 - 7:51 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-brian@Jan 10th, 2004 - 8:07 pm
That's a good point. I don't think many people will hold onto them for so long. But I think it would be a great idea to carry it ten years from now. No one would have them anymore and they'd be what they should be--original and interesting. I'm sure they'll still be special then.

I'll try to hold onto mine for as long as possible! :wink: [/b][/quote]
That is actually very, very true! :D

I think you definitely should!

This is a very disturbing question. I have finally had to face the realization that I have a problem. A hand bag problem.
I am always looking for THE PERFECT BAG. I ALWAYS think I've found it. I buy it. I am happy. My life is finally complete. I walk around, strutting my stuff, with that perfect bag accessorising my outfit, perfectly. Then... I realize... I still need to find that PERFECT BAG. The search continues. It's a never ending cycle of highs and lows. I am beginning to think I need help. Maybe an intervention? Maybe someone ought to take my credit cards, access to my bank accounts, and check book...
I wonder how many cars I could have bought with all the money I've spent on handbags.
hmmm...instead of a Pathfinder, could I be driving a Benz? Maybe a BMW? Hell, maybe even a Tahoe...
Ugh... I have a problem.

Lmfao oh god the flower collection dont remind me. just because i owned, doesnt mean i will admit to it

Originally posted by Chikmandy@Jan 11th, 2004 - 11:59 pm
Lmfao oh god the flower collection dont remind me. just because i owned, doesnt mean i will admit to it
:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"