Out With The Old In With The New

Discussion in 'Trend Spotting' started by iheartmj, Dec 30, 2003.

View Users: View Users
  1. iheartmj

iheartmj New Member

As the year comes to an end, I was just wondering which trends from 2003 are you sick of seeing and are so over with? and what do you look foward to seeing in 2004.

2. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

Tweed, tartan, parkas, the 60's (or the 70's or the 80's or the 90's)...

3. TheSweetest

TheSweetest New Member

i'm sorry but I am all about vintage revivals as long as they don't look like they belong there. Make it 21rst century and I'm all for it but doggone it I hate them parkas! :yuk:

4. PrinceOfCats

I did mention that those were the trends I wanted rid of? No? Ooops...

5. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

get rid of:

combats, boxing shoes and anyhting that looks too rough on a girl :ninja:

back:

girly cuteness, volants, chiffons and soft colors :heart:
    romantic is big

6. ebowleg

ebowleg New Member

I'm looking foward to leaving behind any references to the past, Manolo Blahnik Okla boots, and Murakami bags. I would like to see bright colors on the streets and dressing it up, not because you have to- but because you want to. I'm tired of seeing people bumming it all the time!

7. metal-on-metal

Yes, boxing boots have to go! And I agree with the parka votes everyone is casting. Especially if they have white fur trim and a fluo lining! :sick:

I'm looking forward to lots of gold, spring Helmut Lang, and the new artisanal feel to clothes that's swirling at big brands like Prada and Vuitton.

8. diamond8706

diamond8706 New Member

ok i think its already gone, but do you guys remember that horrible period of time (about a week!) when avril lavigne style was in?? like ties and wristbands and stuff? ughhhhhhhh that was horrendous. i hate avril :angry: ! and i dont think im alone...

9. TheSoCalledPrep

TheSoCalledPrep New Member

Goodbye... Juicy suits and that kind of style, Louis Vuitton monogram (the craze has turned a classic into a complete JOKE), Band tee heavy metal look and I think the worst has got to be INITIAL items... I am so sick of initial handbags, shirts, skirts... it's got to go. It's everywhere.

Let's get it on with... Polka dots, fur, double ponytails, wild colors.

10. iheartmj

iheartmj New Member

AMEN to that!..and also murakami bags, booo on multi-color LV's!

Look foward to seeing more Pastel colors for the spring.

11. LadyIllusion

LadyIllusion New Member

Out with most logo items :angry: and in with stylish items that make people go" I wonder who made that"? ;)

12. PrinceOfCats

I want to see more waistcoats in 2004 as well...the ones in 2003 were bloody awful...

13. enrichi

enrichi New Member

I only ever saw that in malls, and always being done by a fat chick.

I like wifebeaters on girls, I think they can be hotter than hell.... but not when you have Oprah arms, please!

The only thing that I never want to see again is any shoe that looks like a sneaker mistakenly made love to a pump. And when I say never want to see again, I mean not in the near future. One day, I might appreciate it. Maybe.

14. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

Off Topic
    please kindly avoid generalisations that might be offensive to any 'fat chicks' accidentally browsing this thread enrichi.

thank you for your understanding :flower:

15. Caroline

Caroline New Member

I agree. At first the LV bags were cute but then so many people had them you didn't know if they were real or fake and they weren't very personal to each person's taste!

The juicy suits should be over, too, but the hoodies are kinda cute to wear with jeans.

And DEFINITELY the Avril style. I hated that! Girls wearing black pants with chains and a tee with a tie? What was it supposed to mean?!?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. meowmix

meowmix New Member

EEEKK I definitely agree with Caroline. I'll cry if I see another Murakami... I'm so sick of them. Maybe it's all the fakes people are carrying or Jessica Simpson toting it everywhere, but I just can't stand them anymore! :angry:
    And the whole leisure-wear thing... Bebe has even opened up Bebesport stores for it. No mooore!

17. beki

beki New Member

over- please make it stop!
    -logos and brash labelling signature plaids, monograms, murakamis- all hijacked by pikeys and to be honest not that nice in the first place
    -girls dressing to co-ordinate with their friends/boyfriend you are not in a z list pop act thing dont dress like you are (and even if you were would you like to look like it?)
    -avril/pink faux alternative dressing- britney in different clothes with a bad stylist
    -dressing down
    -fancy dress vintage- copying one era's look too much life may well be a party but i dont think the invite said fancy dress
    -juicy style leasure wear repeat after me - nasty and unflattering!
    -neon colours (i hope they have gone away already) or at the opposite end of the scale dull drab colours

yes please!!!
    -craft and art in clothes- time for designers to get cultured and show their skills
    -boudoir babe- burlesque is in, think properly decadently sexy not cheap hooker trashy
    -individuality when are people actually going to get creative and think for themselves instead of just taking the first option pushed their way?
    -eclecticism- dont just buy vintage for the era buy it for the item and dont be afraid to mix it all up, mash up your influences!
    -rock babe dressing but keep it classy!!! think tight drainpipe jeans
    -delicate fabrics and lots of colour both bright and pastel/candy

18. *midnight*golightly*

couldn't agree with you more!!!

19. lele

lele New Member

if trucker hats went away that would make me happy....
    i also think the monogram phase should phase out.....

i just dont see juicy going away and the like - too comfortable to say goodbye to.

20. Honey

Honey New Member

+ Keep your Juicy's at the gym
    + Monograms out the door
    + The torrid affair between gym shoes and pumps :yuk: Totally agree with whoever said that!
    + I want to go to school just once without being asked "Aww, you look so pretty. Why are you dressed up?". I dress like this everyday, you idiot.
    + This isn't exactly clothing, but when will people stop having fake tans, and big chunks of blonde highlights in their hair... We are talking an inch or more in width :doh:

+ I want to see girls looking like girls again. Frills, bows, delicate clothing...
    + Elegance everywhere