Outed blogger Rosemary Port blames model Liskula Cohen for 'skank' stink

Discussion in 'Rumor has it...' started by mellowdrama, Aug 23, 2009.

1. mellowdrama

mellowdrama 101st monkey airborne

From the New York Daily News.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/08/23/2009-08-23_outted_blogger_rosemary_port_blames_model_liskula_cohen_for_skank_stink.html

There is a page 2, go the the link to find it. Tiresome and sad. I support the blogger, BTW. If you can't anonymously call someone a "skank" on the internet, all is lost, I believe. :ninja:

2. LUXXX

LUXXX New Member

I don't even know who this model is...I saw her on Campbell Brown and she mostly let her lawyer do the talking, for obvious reasons.

3. saann

saann I don't know

I can't believe this even went to court, what a waste of money

so silly

and the blogger was right, noone knew about that blog and the model only brought attention to it by doing this

4. Label Basher

Label Basher New Member

From what I read the blogger was bad mouthing her all over town and the blog made it worst. I must have read the article wrong then.

In a way you have to admit that eveyone has the right to go out and have a good time and not be judged by someone you hardly know. Most people wouldn't like that. I wouldn't like someone calling me a hag on the internet either.

Re article I laugh whenever I a reporter writes something like "the pretty 29-year-old Fashion Institute of Technology student".

We don't need to know if she is pretty. It's not like they would write "the plain or ugly 29-year-old Fashion Institute of Technology student". Its so Rita Skeeter.

5. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

she deserved it, am glad her neighbours and friends all know what kind of person she is behind the screen. Sometimes we make really harsh comments online due to the anonymous status it gives us I think an online personality gives us the true picture of what is really inside someone!

6. Echoes

Echoes Confused & Bewildered

There's a limit to the freedom of expression bit. Stating an opinion of your dislike for someone once or twice is one thing. Engaging in a smear campaign of repeated attacks is another.

I don't see how she has any grievance against Google. They didn't just volunteer the information willingly, they complied with a court order.

7. Echoes

Echoes Confused & Bewildered

8. mamasarollingsto

mamasarollingsto New Member

Agree entirely. They didn't just out her.

9. silk skin paws

silk skin paws doldrums

Gossip blogs should take note I guess. This case isn't surprising. The internet isn't anonymous everyone likes to believe it is.

10. smartarse

smartarse New Member

it only got serious when Port posted "personal" photos of the said victim on her blog... imo

ETA:
    "personal" photos meaning , either Port or a friend took a picture of Liskula having fun.

#10 smartarse, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : Aug 26, 2009