The 'Outfit Look-Alikes' Thread

rebel

Reaction score
Moderator's note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (e.g. in the old closed thread).
  • Posts should contain similarity between designers' collections (pictures of items from high street stores will be removed).
  • Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
  • Please do not power post e.g. make empty posts with no info/questions/images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]256631[/split]
Thank You
_________

Céline S/S 17/Untitled Anthropometry (ANT 100),” a 1960 work made by Yves Klein
3yF5QDuu.jpg
04kleinspan-1-articleLarge.jpg

vogue/nytimes

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexander McQueen Spring/Summer 2017 vs. Christopher Kane Fall/Winter 2010
Alexander+McQueen+Spring+2017+Details+P27s_EBtbSXl.jpg
Christopher+Kane+Fall+2010+R4E5BGGjOYDl.jpg

(livingly.com)

From the pain of my heart.. as a very much love Céline.. but come on guys..

Capucci F/W 2003
photo_mid_def_1146647.jpg

Céline S/S 17
_MON0795.jpg

they even copied the boots

_MON0377.jpg

FirstView, Vogue.com

Attachments

• NOWEI.jpg
    NOWEI.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 15
  • dis2.jpg
    dis2.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 11
  • dis1.jpg
    dis1.jpg
    333.1 KB · Views: 8
Chanel S/S 2017 helmet looks as the bastard children of a Stormtrooper from Star Wars and Monsieur Bibendum from Michelin:

_CHA0057.jpg

font vogue.com
star-wars-first-order-stormtrooper-sixth-scale-hot-toys-silo-902536.png

font sideshowtoy.com
f8af984080d82ea6264a85766b1a4ade.jpg

font pinimg.com

Karl keeps aiming at younger and younger audiences, it seems. Kids are the new teenagers.

I did a search of the previous thread and didn't see it posted so I hope I am double posting.

Louis Vuitton 'Street PM 200' bag from Spring 2007 vs Balenciaga Fall 2016

voguerunway

We all know where the original idea came from but thought it was worth the post.

so true Voguedisciple93

^Mcqueen also did that twist detail for Givenchy and then Olivier Rousteing for Balmain, which was ripped off from Mcqueen's design, literally

Alexander Wang (top) and Jeffrey Campbell..I almost cannot tell the differences through these pictures

shopbob, nastygal

Well, one of the boots look significantly more well made... This is why I can never find shoes on the highstreet - there is always something "off" with them in terms of quality, proportions etc...

About Celine and Capucci, its true that colour and silhouette are "same" but the pattern and the construction is completely different.

And same with the CDG.

Thats the great thing about Philo, nothing is literal, you can see they have spent time thinking about it, working on the garment (even the Geoffrey Beene coat).

In fact, the coat on Saskia is quite complicated, I can't wait to have a closer look on the store, Its always a pleasure to see Phoebe's solutions in person.

^ Mmmmmm, but that doesn't really change the fact that she and her team have, on more than one occasion, sent looks out on the runway which bear quite a similarity to vintage pieces which already exist, and that the similarities/references aren't very hard to suss out. That does point to a certain level of literalness. Even with the twisted cutout coat, one could go so far as to argue that Olivier Rousteing's reworking of the McQueen/Givenchy jacket a year or so ago put that very same detail on Philo's radar.

Other equally famous designers have had their ethics and creativity called into question for the exact same thing that Philo seems to do fairly regularly.

About Celine and Capucci, its true that colour and silhouette are "same" but the pattern and the construction is completely different.

And same with the CDG.

Thats the great thing about Philo, nothing is literal, you can see they have spent time thinking about it, working on the garment (even the Geoffrey Beene coat).

In fact, the coat on Saskia is quite complicated, I can't wait to have a closer look on the store, Its always a pleasure to see Phoebe's solutions in person.

About the capucci dress.. patterns are completely different??????? Both are jersey cape dresses, let's put a gathering in the front and make it short sleeve instead because oh well, its summer. Does that make them absolutely different? I bet they are constructed the same. Sadly, we won't be able to find out easily because you cannot find many things from Capucci nowadays.

It could be also highly possible that they even bought the original dress, took the patterns directly. That's what brands do nowadays (yes, even the cool ones)

Celine succeeds cause yeah, its cool and looks cool and of course they know how to style even the ugliest dress and make it work. but that doesnt mean they don't work as everybody else and doing these kind of things is a bit of a shame being who they are

Balenciaga ss17
_MON0767.jpg

Vêtements ss17
_VET0561.jpg

source: vogue.com

Same designer, ok, but not really creative...

Balenciaga ss17
Vêtements ss17

Same designer, ok, but not really creative...

Or laziness?

This balenciaga collection looked like a vetements one....

I'm guessing you'd rather buy balenciaga as it costs less and at this point looks the same
Won't last long..

About the capucci dress.. patterns are completely different??????? Both are jersey cape dresses, let's put a gathering in the front and make it short sleeve instead because oh well, its summer. Does that make them absolutely different? I bet they are constructed the same. Sadly, we won't be able to find out easily because you cannot find many things from Capucci nowadays.

Elgaro, from the picture you posted I can see the Capucci dress, is a cape and a dress, MAY BE joined on the neckline, while Celine's dress is one piece, the cape actually comes from the skirt...soooo the patterns are quite different.

And Spike, my point is that celine looks may bear resemblance to other designers, but when you see the insights ( and here is where it comes all the job, all the trial and error etc.) they are another world.

I never saw that Balmain jacket you mentioned live, so I cant really tell if its the same case as Celine.

Elgaro, from the picture you posted I can see the Capucci dress, is a cape and a dress, MAY BE joined on the neckline, while Celine's dress is one piece, the cape actually comes from the skirt...soooo the patterns are quite different.

There's another shot, from Dazed Magazine 2003 where you can see they are a single piece as in the Celine one

Source pinterest

Attachments

• IMG_0662.JPG
    IMG_0662.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 35
^
You should have post that since the begining hahaaha

You are right, is the same idea with a very small variation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->