The 'Outfit Look-Alikes' Thread

I mean Marc Jacobs copied the same sequin dress as well. He just cut his off below the knee

Courrèges‎ circa 1969 | Balmain S/S '19

T9djgIWC_t.jpg

archivio.vogue.it | vogue.com

The resemblance extends to the lining, the Balenciaga one is lined in acid-green fur according to the Vogue credit. The Prada show had bright colored shearling everywhere...

Balenciaga S/S 1963 | Prada F/W 2018.19

vogue.com

Issey Miyake ca. 1988 | Ann Demeulemeester S/S 2014

that is a good one it looks similar

He looks like he’s on the cleanup crew. I’d rather not look like I mop the floors at LVMH HQ. There is nothing groundbreaking about a light cotton suit, especially when its constructed so poorly. Just look at the puckering on the collar!

On the other side, how beautiful the YSL look is. You can feel it is expensive, high quality yet the masses praise VA over SP.

Something similar was discussed with Virgil's F/W '20 Louis Vuitton Mens collection and Ralph Rucci - there is also a similar Prada dress from F/W '98 - but I don't think these two have been mentioned together although they're incredibly alike in technique: same nylon threads holding the panels together.

Sybilla circa '91 | Alexander Wang S/S '13

archivio.vogue.it/vogue.com

Palomo Spain S/S 2020
AD42B53C-0F64-4CE5-9CC3-037D84BA7E8D.jpeg

Louis Vuitton S/S 2020
FEA7E156-A53C-48DB-BA8B-8E4406342340.jpeg
37BBF51D-D89E-4F77-9A3E-815994643489.jpeg

Source: voguerunway

I prefer the smooth streamlined look of the Balenciaga. While the Theyskens look has more construction put into it, it ended up looking lumpy and complicated. The crinoline underneath sticks out like a sore thumb. The jacket is nice though.

I prefer the smooth streamlined look of the Balenciaga. While the Theyskens look has more construction put into it, it ended up looking lumpy and complicated. The crinoline underneath sticks out like a sore thumb. The jacket is nice though.
I agree , but in his defense I'm guessing that this was when Olivier was doing his own line, a small independent house as opposed to a Mega Brand with the corresponding financial means. I also prefer the Balenciaga, but what counts here is the idea for this very extreme silhouette, which without a doubt came from Theyskens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->