Oversized Basic T-Shirts- Are they here to stay? Out? or In?

fashion1001

Reaction score
Oversized Basic T-Shirts: Are they here to stay?

They started creeping up onto the scene about 5 years ago when short tight tee's were still being worn with bellbottoms. Since the craze of the Skinny Jean and the 80's trends, oversized basic T's have literally taken the world by storm and it seems that designers can't seem to make them big enough. Are we ready to go back to the tight T? Have we had enough?

Are they here to stay?

WHAT DO YOU THINK?????????????????????

Some designers that made a name in the land of Oversized T's:

Mark and Estel (upper left picture)
The Row (upper right picture)
Complex Geometries (bottom picture)

Credit: Mark and Estel
shopmarkandestel.com
Credit: The Row
studionemo.com
Credit: Complex Geometries
jakandjil.com

Attachments

• markandestel123456.jpg
    markandestel123456.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 2
  • therow6.jpg
    therow6.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1
  • complexgeometries1.jpg
    complexgeometries1.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh, I love them, especially with a thin belt around my waist. They just look so comfy and relaxed.

I have big boobs so I look terrible in them. I love the look though.. but I don't think they're here to stay, it just looks unflattering on too many people for it to become 'classic'.

I really love the look. It's look relaxed and chic but, very comfy.

I love oversized Ts! I'm really glad that they have become popular because they are easier to find now. The worst for me was when tiny shirts were popular :P. I'm glad the pendulum has swung back towards less structure B)

I definitely think their here to stay. Designer are still looking for inspiration from the 70s and floaty dresses, oversized Tees, florals and granny squares.. were big hits back then.

Love them cause they match everything! Jeans, leggings, skirts... And they are sooo perfect for "i'm-so-fat-and-unattractive" days.

meh, actual oversized t's never really 'hide' anything, they just accentuate it. want something flattering? good construction. whether in blouses, jacket or dresses.

i'm especially sick of oversized t's with leggings underneath. the whole end result is less 'effortless' and more 'she didn't even bother to look presentable'.

I love em, actually I have almost no fitted tee in my closet, I never liked fitted tee, but there's the line between nice oversized and way too oversized.
But honestly I think the one who can wear this trend is the skinny or medium build people

I like this type of shredded oversized top
setb_10.jpg

Pic: fashion cabaret.com

I only like them with skinny jeans/pants - otherwise they make you look larger....

I like some of them but i don't understand why would any girl with a well shaped body pick an oversized t shirt over a fitted one? :huh:

^^ Because sometimes everyone want to move freely. I love shirts that fit to my shapes, but let's be honest - it isn't comfortable all the time.

I love over-sized tees! I'm chubby, and I definitely notice that if you're not careful they can make you look shapeless and larger. I think they can only work with something more fitting on the bottom. I also have a longer torso, and tighter t-shirts always end too high on my body.

I understand that sometimes a tighter t-shirt is supposed to be more flattering. Some girls want to look in the mirror and think, "I look hot." I'd rather look in the mirror and think, "I look interesting!"

i love this trend..i def think it is here to stay. Thanks to The Row, Alexander Wang and other designers out there now. It's also due to the re-emergence of the 90s grunge trend as well.

i love this trend..i def think it is here to stay. Thanks to The Row, Alexander Wang and other designers out there now. It's also due to the re-emergence of the 90s grunge trend as well.
And also along with style inspirations on the street by Feja, Karmen, Abbey, it really makes me want to wear those slacked oversized tees or singlets with a single pocket or holes in them.

They are too comfy.. I think I will wear them regardless trends or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->